RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Vote for your favorite track! Round 270
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: buildit.png]

Round 270 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Let's have a great round!

#1: Merlin's Odyssey

[Image: 597c6aa39f4ff.png]

#2: Tropicana

[Image: 597c88790479f.png]

#3: Hurricane Force 12

[Image: 5988cd5c0aafe.png]

#4: Ice Palace

[Image: 598a6ab59e532.jpg]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until Thursday, August 17
First thing's first - you two absolutely blew my expectations out of the water (you two know who you are). Merlin's Odyssey and Tropicana are definitely two of the best RCT2 projects we've ever had uploaded to the site and they do a great job of [unintentionally] contrasting against each other's looks.

CC:

Merlin's Odyssey - It's complete, 'nuff said.

Tropicana - I love the trees and overall use of trackitecture, I don't understand the use of fire though... Regardless, it's a toss up between this one and Merlin's Odyssey.

Hurricane Force 12 - It isn't often we're graced with your appearance in Build-It!, although I'm not sure this was the round for you to enter. I love your design (per usual), but the first two are simply on an entirely different level compared to yours (no offense).

Ice Palace - For your first ever entry this isn't bad, I suggest looking over past RCT3 winners (the more recent ones are generally better than the really old ones, as the community generally got better over time). As for an Ice theme, I'm not really sure what to tell you in order to improve, but a proper station would probably help, and maybe making the structure a palace rather than making a really boxy enclosure for the ride.

I haven't decided whether Tropicana or Merlin's Odyssey claims my vote yet, but I can say it should definitely be a close round.
Good gosh, what a round. Time for some much needed CC!

Merlin's Odyssey: 
What a way to blow everything we're used to completely out of the water. This is second full CSO (custom scenery object) RCT2 entry I've seen, and it is mismatched to The Legend of the Lake as this feels cleaner, and more refined. No diss to TLOTL because that entry was amazing as well; however, my focus is on this. Absolutely as clear and crisp as you can get, even with such a simple coaster, I could tell that a lot of work, a lot of work, was poured into this. It shows very very well.

Overall, it is very clean and definitely a real contender this round. I've got no complaints. 

10/10

Tropicana: 
This trend is continuing to the second amazing entry this round, Tropicana. These two works are hands down the best RCT2 works I've seen on this site in the same round...well, ever. Both are stunningly well crafted, and each his own great theme and work put into it clearly shows. This particular entry utilizes trackitecture to it's advantage, particularly those amazing trees and the custom made non-tracked ride. Clearly there was much effort put into this and I am going to have a seriously tough time deciding who to pick.

10/10

Hurricane Force 12:
Finally, we're to the third RCT2 entry, and unfortunately, it does not  provide the same sheer amount of stellar work as the other two do. Now, that's not to say this entry is not still great. The layout is super smooth and quite spectacular indeed, especially to make 12 inversions on one roller coaster in RCT2. However, like most creations from this lovely lad, he fails to attract any sort of atmosphere or enchanting landscape around the ride. At it's current state, it's just endless miles of green plains. Unlike the other two above, this is lacklustre because of its lack of 'love.'

6/10

Ice Palace:
Uncharactaristically the only RCT3 entry this round. It is in desparate need of work as well. For a first attempt, it's great, but further than that, it's not very much better than every other RCT3 entry. This has an idea towards it; compliment it, but it seems to fail to have an expert execution of said idea. It feels lacklustre (partly because of the lack of a POV) and it's all one colour and failing to set a stance of atmosphere. Sure, it is definitely creating the feel of icy terrain, but it is not creating a good enough effect. The building does not really look like much of an ice palace, to be frank. However, even with the critiques, this still is quite good, but it does need some improving. Keep at it!

6/10

At this current moment, I am undecided, or can't decide, between Merlin's Odyssey and Tropicana, absolutely stunning entries. Will hopefully decide soon! Good luck to all involved!  Biggrin
I'd consider voting for Hurricane Force 12 if it had some exterior scenery or Merlin's Force if the track had a more interesting layout, but they don't, so Tropicana it is.
I am going to have to think about this one a lot.
Can't decide between Merlin's Odyssey and Tropicana ! These are the bests rct2 I've seen with golden dragon
(Aug 11, 2017, 08:55 AM)RealCoasterTrack Wrote: [ -> ]Can't decide between Merlin's Odyssey and Tropicana ! These are the bests rct2 I've seen with golden dragon

Same with me; both had beautiful scenery designs and made my choice really hard.

This should be a great round; whichever wins this Round I think deserves it.
Well The Ice Palace takes my vote. I lost with my first entry and I'd hate to see the same thing happen to this person. I'm looking at the screenshots and I'm actually rather impressed. I don't usually build spinning steel coasters but this one IS impressive if you think about it. Real coasters like these are built by Mack Rides and Mack's designs for them are amazing. Chris does have a point that a bit more color would brighten it up and maybe using JimmyG's glowing Crystals would make for a more Icy looking environment. As well as using Glass Walls instead of the walls it has. To give it that ice palace look. Overall though its impressive for a ride type I barely use.
Vote goes to Ice Palace - if possible I would love to see a video of this.
I get Ice Palace is a first time entry, but it's not the best entry here, you should know that. Hey, if it's your personal preference, fine, but at least study in more on the other entries. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4