RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Wild Mouse Coaster - Planet Coaster Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
t Coaster - Wild Mouse Video Update. I decided to add some spin during certain sections of the ride. However, I didn't want to have the spin go through all of the ride. It is a wip so keep in mind there is more decorating to do and other stuff to do.

[Image: 6ZYXtn4.jpg]
Quite nice! Personally, I wouldn't ride this because I hate spinny rides. This is pretty good as it is now. Good one.
(Aug 13, 2017, 09:11 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: [ -> ]Quite nice! Personally, I wouldn't ride this because I hate spinny rides. This is pretty good as it is now. Good one.

Thank you. Still have work to do on it.
I really like the station and the track is authentic !
At some points of this ride, I think the car spin too fast. Other than that, everything is perfect !!!
At some points of this ride, I think the car spin too fast. Other than that, everything is perfect !!! i liked your vid
RealCoasterTrack and v1210 Thank you for your feedback Smile On different forums I have shared this and they say the same thing. When I take the spin out the ride it is more smooth. I do agree that the spin is a little to rough in certain areas. I don't think you can control the way the cars move in this ride (unless I'm mistaken). I will probably take the spin out and I think you guys will see a big difference. I'm not planning on doing an entire park around this coaster. I'm just making the coaster and scenery around it that goes with it.
If you can find a way to slow the cars down a little the spin will probably be more comfortable. Trim brakes at the bottom of the first drop could achieve this easily under the right settings or you could always turn the spin on at the end of the out-n'-back sections.
(Aug 14, 2017, 05:30 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: [ -> ]If you can find a way to slow the cars down a little the spin will probably be more comfortable. Trim brakes at the bottom of the first drop could achieve this easily under the right settings or you could always turn the spin on at the end of the out-n'-back sections.

ChrisMDB, Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it. I think I know how to put the trim brakes in. Isn't there a speed option that you can use and put how fast you want it to go? I could also change how many tracks have the spin option on it. Maybe that might help. I watched the video again and in some places it does spin to the point where I think the peeps would have whiplash. I am also going to work on the hills a little bit near the end.

Thanks everyone for your help Smile
Yeah, when you click on the track piece all of the options for track type should light up (chain, block and trim brake, drive tires, etc.), click trim brake to switch the track section over and then if you click the right-hand tab it'll take you to advanced options for that track segment. In there you'll be able to alter the rate of deceleration and the target speed, I'd suggest making the target speed between 15 and 20 mph, and then slightly sloping the out-n'-back section of track downwards (something like a 3-5 degree decline should keep the cars moving at that speed the whole time they're in that track section). The same method can be repeated for the other similar sections of track.

If that doesn't properly slow them enough you can always mess with the rate of deceleration, unfortunately I'm not really sure what the target figure should be for that value.
(Aug 14, 2017, 08:02 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, when you click on the track piece all of the options for track type should light up (chain, block and trim brake, drive tires, etc.), click trim brake to switch the track section over and then if you click the right-hand tab it'll take you to advanced options for that track segment. In there you'll be able to alter the rate of deceleration and the target speed, I'd suggest making the target speed between 15 and 20 mph, and then slightly sloping the out-n'-back section of track downwards (something like a 3-5 degree decline should keep the cars moving at that speed the whole time they're in that track section). The same method can be repeated for the other similar sections of track.

If that doesn't properly slow them enough you can always mess with the rate of deceleration, unfortunately I'm not really sure what the target figure should be for that value.

I think I'm going to have to rework this coaster design a little bit. And that's okay. I've been looking at videos on YouTube. I want to make this one a little more compact like they are in real life. ChrisMDB if you know of a good Wild Mouse Coaster video I should look at please send me the link. Thanks in advance. I'm still keeping the coaster station the way it is.

I decided to make the coaster more compact. I looked at some real life wild mouse coasters to get more ideas. I didn't want to re-create the one I saw on YouTube that was at an amusement park. However, I needed to change the height on the original one since most Wild Mouse Coasters are 40-50 feet or around 15 meters High. I am very happy with the way this turned out. I left the spin out because the Wild Mouse Coasters I saw didn't have the spin on them. Here is the link to the video if you want to watch it. Please note: It's not finished yet the decorating, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cSNFw9qjOo   If the link doesn't work, just copy and paste in your web browser and it should take you there.

I've done a little more editing after I put the video up here is a screenshot.
[Image: pTLPhY0.jpg]

I wanted a sign by the entrance so I changed things around a little bit. I am not using any blueprints from the Planet Coaster Workshop now. Everything you see I made.

[Image: DGQgh0f.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3