RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Coaster Reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, playing RCT games is always fun, but the thing I enjoy more than that, getting to the parks, and even more specific, riding the coasters.  Every time I go to a park, there are coasters I love and one I could care less about. I thought it would be fun to have a thread going with different reviews of coasters from all of us.  At the beginning of a week, I will post a coaster, then you can write a review, even if you haven't ridden it about what you think.  To strat things off i picked a random coaster from the 50+ new ones i rode this summer and that is: Lightning Racer at Hersheypark.

Here is my review:

I got the chance to go to Hersheypark for the first time this summer and experience their amazing line up of Coasters.  I went in thinking not about the GCI in the back but the Intamin Hyper in the front.  Of course Skyrush takes the top spot for me but what really surprised me was Lightning Racer.  This 2000 Dueling GCI blew me away.  The staggered lift hill that let you look down or up on your opponent adds a feature not seen on other Dueling coasters and the fact that you feel like you are behind, or ahead in the race lures you into a false sense of security that will soon be lost to the drop and train that you see speeding beside you.  Other notable events that can’t be found on other coasters include the first hills, an airtime hill much like the ones found on B&M Hyper coasters and not GCI, giving some very nice ejector air, the building fly through, a pure sense of head-chop and a lot of fun as you don’t know who is ahead, and the several helix where the trains meet at a point and you can see the other train coming at you.  Even you aren’t on the same path you can’t help but lean away from the train flying at you.  One other event is are the hills following the first “Fly-By” Helix.  One train stays low to the ground while the other flys up and over the lower train, allowing you to momentarily see the underside of the train above you.  The same sequence happens right after that expect you train does the opposite of what it just did, so if you were seeing the underside of the train above you, know you are above the other train and they are looking at you.  As the train enter the brake run it works asses under a finish line and the first one to pass that sign is the winner.  This is shown off on strobing lights in the station and an audio track.  They best thing about these Coasters are the fact that it is always close and either of them can win.  Another fun thing is to get your friends on the opposite side your on so you can race.  My dad and I rode this ride 4 times and never rode together, we always dueled.  These coaster easily pulled out in the top of my ride list on Hersheypark, that being said, I believe one of them to be better than the other.  Lightning, I believe is a smoother ride and that is why I think it is better.  Both are very smooth but I think this one is slightly smoother so I prefer it.  For my final score I give these rides a 10/10.  I can’t wait to get back to Hersheypark to ride once more.  What do you think?
I personally love LR, but I always wish there was just a bit more interaction with the other train. I would give it a solid 8.5/10.
Next Up on the list of Reviews: its the most the difficult coaster in the world to get on...

Lightning Rod at Dollywood
Why's it so difficult? Long lines? Also, this is a great idea! I'll definitely keep this thread en lookout.
It's so hard to get on because its breaks down waaaaay too often.
Considering I live less than an hour away from Dollywood I have ridden this coaster more than the average joe. To be accurate, 83 times. I am going to provide an in depth review from my standpoint of riding every weekend. This is currently my second favorite coaster, only behind Fury 325, and favorite wooden coaster. My big in depth review is coming soon.
Yeah, Fury is downright amazing. I went to Carowinds for a week and rode it 32 times in 4 days.
That might be the coaster we do next, but in that case, we are going to need a bigger forum for all of us to praise it.
Oooh I want to go to Carowinds really bad!

Well on second thought what theme park do I not want to go to really bad haha
(Nov 2, 2017, 06:33 PM)Lift Hill Wrote: [ -> ]Well on second thought what theme park do I not want to go to really bad haha

LOL!
Pages: 1 2