RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Vote for your favorite track! Round 281
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: buildit.png]

Round 281 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Let's have a great round!

#1: Regicide

[Image: 5a9e0689e5d66.png]

#2: Olympic bobsleds

[Image: 5a9e0de1c4b4d.jpg]

#3: awsome flyer

[Image: 5aa0b6c076232.jpg]

#4: Wycked

[Image: 5aa43f15797ce.png]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until Sunday, March 18
Looks like another good round has opened, although I have to say I'm not as impressed with Olympic Bobsleds or Wycked after viewing them as I was when I saw the first screen. Anyways:

Olympic Bobsleds: You're really starting to show your potential with this entry here, and it's been great to watch you steadily improve your craft in a 3D space. Unfortunately this project suffers from the same as a lot of your past ones have though, that being a lack of polish. I really like how you meshed a normal coaster into the bobsled "track" to make it look as though it's a real bobsled, however as one can see at 1:25 of the POV there are spots where it either pokes out, or glitches a little bit.

As for the rest of the build it's really more on the empty side. I appreciate all of the small detailing with the podiums and bleachers around, but beyond that there isn't a ton going on around the ride. There's also the bit starting around 1:32 in the POV where the ride enters what looks to be a tunnel, yet we can see ride supports and other scenery glitching through the ground above, not to mention a few seconds later we see that the land pieces you've used to support the track don't always connect to the actual ground.

While this is a good build and certainly a step in the right direction I think you should have taken more time to polish the build, and perhaps even add another structure or two around the ride to make it a bit less empty.

"Awsome Flyer" should be spelled: "Awesome Flyer", and for the future I suggest you add more screenshots so we can actually see the ride you've entered.

Wycked: While this does look like a "wycked" ride it is also painfully obvious that, like Olympic Bobsleds, this ride would have benefitted greatly from waiting to enter a day or so. While the two screenshots provided do show us the entire ride - and it's a great one at that - I'd argue that a few extra screens would greatly help its case. Building a station would have also really helped your case, I can see that the surrounding area is heavy WIP at the moment, but something as simple as putting the station together before entering really helps bump up the presentation factor of your ride.
Not really impressed by the entries this round, to be honest. Voted for the Olympic Bobsleds, just for the amount of creativity that went into it.
My vote goes to the bobsleds. A really nice and original idea and well executed too.
These entries are decent, but Olympic Bobsleds stands out the most and claims my vote simply because it uses so much creativity to its avantage.

Not bad, all around. Keep up the good work, all! Good luck!
I'd like to think everyone votes based on how closely an entry achieves what it tries to do, and maybe this round is where that becomes most interesting since the last several ones.

Regicide is almost bland by design, it seems, as the description almost explains or justifies the blandness. It makes it hard to judge based on how much work would have to go into this because the idea encourages unpleasant design choices, like the flat landscape, clear grass fields and lack of any theme park elements in general, such as gift-shop facades lining up the paths, restaurants, etc. Still, I can't ignore that for a park that the management wanted to look like Medieval England, there's not a lot going on. Where are the banners and flags of the kingdom? Where are the tall watch towers and rocky fields? It's just that outside the station and transfer track building for the focal ride here, I think the theme is a bit of a mystery.

I hope you start with a much stronger idea next time so that you can hone your skills even more. Not that the idea itself is the reason this is weak, but certainly there's reason to think that doing stronger ideas will make you better skilled to then try those specifically generic ideas. This is still a competition where the most pretty looking and technically skilled entry of them all would be the winner, and the vague aesthetics that define what should be 'pretty' certainly help even bland looking things thrive, as long as they're executed with absolute dedication.

Olympic bobsleds is a good contender as the polar opposite of Regicide, in the way that the ideas are quite strong and creative, though the execution demands more. Just to preface, I don't play RCT3 these days, so you might as well take this one with a grain of salt if you disagree. My main thing with this one is that there is no textures or detail anywhere at all. There is one screen with two alpine looking facades to the side, and the lack of detail on those leave a sour taste. There's also the things Chris has already mentioned. Then again, maybe this is how the objects themselves are? I just... I don't know man, maybe there's room for improvement, let's say. Hope to see great things from you.

awsome flyer is the newest addition to the award-winning theme park, RCT:Classic: The Experience: The Park; where the great mini suspended keeps the peeps linded up. I'd recommend making Build-It rides in the game's normal mode instead of in the track/coaster designer. Doesn't leave much to expect when the surroundings don't exist and the theme is 'I bought RCT:Classic today'. Personally, I'm more excited to see Scooby's Ghoster Coaster, haven't seen something like that yet. I very highly recommend you to look at some of the winning RCT2 Build-It entries of the past to get an understanding of this competition.

And now we're at Wycked. May thy airtime bless our theme parks, o' great Wood. I actually want to vote for this because of how well done the foliage and architecture is. The mechanics bumbling about on the construction of another coaster to the back are awesome. The red barrels posing as dynamite/TNT are awesome. The train going underneath the woodie is awesome. But, and there always is a 'but' of course, this only has two screens going for it, of which the second one exposes the unfinished ride station and landscaping. I think it's fair to say you rushed entering this in, and maybe finishing it before submitting would have been a wise thing to do. So yes and no, this is and isn't good enough for build it. The skills at display are more than enough, yes but the unfinished-ness isn't. You should be able to sweep a Build-It round or two in the future if you produce this same level of work with greater polish and finish.

Now this is a hard one to vote on. Can I waste another review by voting for no one?
I went for the bobsleds as well. Especially given how we just had the Winter Olympics. I mean, I knew the Olympics were a special occasion but an RCT3 creation based on the bobsled event? That takes the cake for me. I liked the other entries too of course but the sheer creativity behind the bobsleds was something I couldn't find in the other entries.
Alright well this if my first actual thought out CC in a long time so here we go

Regicide - I highly agree with Ziscor's points on this one, it's a solid entry, it has some theme, the layouts are good, you have all the necessary pieces, it just doesnt make me go wow. For a coaster that's supposed to have the theme of a run down british park, castles and such I thought would've been implied, and while your buildings sure match the idea there's not nearly enough substance there, but still might actually get my vote due to the fact that it at least looks reasonable. To me though this is the kind of thing that would fit in really well in an entire park, but doesn't work as a single coaster entry into build it, its not unique or outstanding enough to get that much recognition imo

Bobsleds - This is a lot like communism, the theoretical idea sounds great but the execution is really quite poor. The stands and the logos are cool ideas, but its kinda obvious you just used set cs objects and tons of billboards, and the track itself doesnt look bad by any means, its just lacking much. and yes I know this is the theme and all but there's 0 foliage, no platforms or pathways and one set of repetitive houses. Not going to get my vote although I see why people are intrigued by the idea

awesome flyer - First things first, capitalize your coaster names, second things second, please take screenshots in game and not in the select menu, you obviously have the ability to take screenshots so it would really be appreciated if we could see it in a park, as you might have terraforming or other scenery that isnt seen within the coaster selection menu. All I see is just a layout and trees so definitely not an entry getting my vote, it barely passes being able to be entered due to minimal scenery

Wycked - I just have a hunch that there are coasters in this park that are a lot better, even taking a look at the path on the outside of the coaster, it looks very detailed and well done, but the coaster itself seems uninspired, but again this is a complete entry at least so it may get my vote. The track tunnel is pretty cool but also the land painting kinda throws me off, there's random patches of sand on some of the hills which seems weird and unlikely

I'm going between Regicide and Wycked, this is a passable round I suppose but nothing outstanding

-Nave
I love this place! Great people, great creations, even if it is a bit cliquish lol... but Olympic Bobsleds being compared to communism, oh wow Smile  interesting round of CC fellow veterans! If OB was built in rct2 there would be nothing but praise, js. Best of luck everyone, but please remember... at the end of the day, it's just pixels. Don't take it too seriously.
Lol Brad dont worry its a joke, communism is much worse, and no if bobselds was built in RCT2 it still would'nt have any foliage and all the buildings would still look the same so I still wouldn't vote for it
Pages: 1 2