RCTgo Forums

Full Version: I can’t access a park
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In RCT3, i have a park named Odeon Park which i used to have,. I put a lot of hard work into it and there were a lot of roller coasters. One day, my park wouldn’t load, and then i edited it in Microsoft Word. When i loaded up RCT3 again on my laptop, the game froze for hours, and the park was corrupted. I was very disappointed indeed. I opened it in notepad and edited it in notepad, and when i loaded up RCT3 again, the game didn’t freeze anymore, but when i selected the park, it said "Unable to load the file "C:\Users\Harry\Documents\RCT3\Parks\Odeon Park.dat" - it may have been corrupted.", and just shows the normal RCT3 Park image. Can anyone help me here?
There may be a Odeon Park.dat.bak in the same folder. It will be an older file so it will not be as current. Just remove the '.bak' and it will be good to go.
(Jun 7, 2020, 12:46 AM)nathan8848 Wrote: [ -> ]There may be a Odeon Park.dat.bak in the same folder. It will be an older file so it will not be as current. Just remove the '.bak' and it will be good to go.
When i’m on the Windows 10 file explorer, i can’t get rid of .bak from .dat, as it shows .bak on the Type column. How do i change it?

Don’t worry, i’ve fixed it now.