RCTgo Forums

Full Version: We're Breaking Free
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are happy to announce on this day something that has RCTgo breaking free from the ordinary, both in style and content. Today we are announcing what will become of RCTgo, Project Breakfree.

What is Project Breakfree, though? Project Breakfree, as you can probably tell from the name, is a project where we are "breaking free" from the norm and mixing it up, with a design unlike any other, as well as features unlike any other. We are breaking free from our old ways, as well, where we have not had the community participate in much at all. You can already see this happening with our first group park, Pointy Peaks.

And yet, Project Breakfree is not fully here yet. It has only just begun, this grand revolutionary change for RCTgo. You have seen the first hints, though, with the "Spring is in the air..." photos that we posted. You may have noticed many things in it, but you may not have been right at all.

We do not plan on telling you everything that is going to change right now. In the future, we will tell you more on the subject as things get complete and as we feel it is necessary, as we near this huge change for the future of RCTgo.

Today, all I will tell you is that we are adding several features unlike any other fansite, some that have never been seen before on a RCT fansite, and if they have, they may have been slim or not implemented very well, or, not noticable.

One of these "features" is the full implementation of our template system that was coded for us by Tikitiki for 2.0. The template system currently in 2.0 is only in the content pages, not in the downloads or anything like that. But in breakfree, which is also called "RCTgo 2.5," every page, including the index and the downloads center, is fully implemented. Everything is based around this one template.

Additionally, many of you noticed a login screen and a page that is similar to the design of IPB 2.1's and IPD's admin control panels. However, as I told you in replies to that thread, it is neither of these, and in fact, completely custom coded. This is our custom admin control panel which will, eventually, let us control every aspect of the website. This includes the downloads and all of the pages, including the template and CSS files. It also includes some useful settings and tools for the site, but most of you will most likely not see these, as they are for the staff of the site.

And now, that is all for today. We hope to post more updates on it soon, explaining the screenshots, and possibly showing more. And remember...

We're Breaking Free.

Thanks,
- RCTgo Staff
ummm... is this topic invisible or something?
Guests can see it...
If you want you can use my custom topsite. I'd make the neccisary template changes unless you would want to make them.

Other than that it sounds cool.