RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Upgraded to MyBB 1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are happy to say that the upgrade has been successful! After a few minor setbacks that were mostly my fault, we are up and running with MyBB 1.2, the latest and greatest version of MyBB.

Several new features were introduced in MyBB 1.2, along with general code improvements, such as rewriting a lot of the code and all javascripts. Some of the most noticible will probably include:

Multi-Quote
This lets you select multiple quotes, even from other threads, and then reply to them. If you've selected quotes from another thread, you can even choose whether you want to include them, deselect them, or, by not doing anything at all, leave them selected. You can also use multi-quote in the quick reply box - all you have to do is click on the link below the quick reply box when you've got a post selected. This is essentially like quick-quote!

Quick Edit
I know we already had this feature, but it was through a modification, not an official feature. It is now an official feature and it is implemented quite well in my opinion. Also new - you can now modify the title/subject of threads that you posted right from the forum display - just click and hold on the link to the thread, and it'll change to a textbox. Then just click out of the box or hit enter to save!

All new message editor
The message editor has been remade for your usage, letting you tell which color you're picking easier, and just general improvements all around.

Subforum Icons
You can now tell if a subforum has new posts or not with the nifty little icon that displays next to the subforum on the index!

New Reputation System
The reputation system has been given a complete facelift, similar to the rating system on eBay and the Messenger Plus! forums. They are no longer post based, but user based. The reputations are now public, and you can only rate a user once - but, you can go back and change your reputation later.

And much more!
This is only a slight overview of all that's new in 1.2 - we hope you'll find everything else! Tongue

Thanks!
- Belloman
I don't like this new message creator, especially the colour chnager. But seeing as I'm not the head of MyBB, I can't see anything happening all too quick.

You forgot to mention the subforums have new icons on the forums index. Now all you need to do is click a bubble and your there.

Smile
DraytonMonkey Wrote:I don't like this new message creator, especially the colour chnager. But seeing as I'm not the head of MyBB, I can't see anything happening all too quick.
I actually like it better, it shows the color more accurately than if you just had the text...
DraytonMonkey Wrote:
You forgot to mention the subforums have new icons on the forums index. Now all you need to do is click a bubble and your there.

Smile
I did too mention that:

Belloman Wrote:Subforum Icons
You can now tell if a subforum has new posts or not with the nifty little icon that displays next to the subforum on the index!
Tongue
Cut me some slack I've only been up for 10 minutes and I've only just got a cup of tea.

:sleep:
[/quote]
Belloman Wrote:We are happy to say that the upgrade has been successful! After a few minor setbacks that were mostly my fault, we are up and running with MyBB 1.2, the latest and greatest version of MyBB.

Several new features were introduced in MyBB 1.2, along with general code improvements, such as rewriting a lot of the code and all javascripts. Some of the most noticible will probably include:

Multi-Quote
This lets you select multiple quotes, even from other threads, and then reply to them. If you've selected quotes from another thread, you can even choose whether you want to include them, deselect them, or, by not doing anything at all, leave them selected. You can also use multi-quote in the quick reply box - all you have to do is click on the link below the quick reply box when you've got a post selected. This is essentially like quick-quote!

Quick Edit
I know we already had this feature, but it was through a modification, not an official feature. It is now an official feature and it is implemented quite well in my opinion. Also new - you can now modify the title/subject of threads that you posted right from the forum display - just click and hold on the link to the thread, and it'll change to a textbox. Then just click out of the box or hit enter to save!

All new message editor
The message editor has been remade for your usage, letting you tell which color you're picking easier, and just general improvements all around.

Subforum Icons

New Reputation System
The reputation system has been given a complete facelift, similar to the rating system on eBay and the Messenger Plus! forums. They are no longer post based, but user based. The reputations are now public, and you can only rate a user once - but, you can go back and change your reputation later.

And much more!
This is only a slight overview of all that's new in 1.2 - we hope you'll find everything else! Tongue

Thanks!
- Belloman
Great job Belloman! Smile
I'm back. Anyway, I must be blind, as I don't see anything different. I'll probably notice what you mean in a second...
DraytonMonkey Wrote:Cut me some slack I've only been up for 10 minutes and I've only just got a cup of tea.
That sounds like the sort of excuse I'd use!
Cool features, are the smilies new as well, or were they there before? I never really click on the 'get more' button.
Oblivion Wrote:
DraytonMonkey Wrote:Cut me some slack I've only been up for 10 minutes and I've only just got a cup of tea.
That sounds like the sort of excuse I'd use!
Cool features, are the smilies new as well, or were they there before? I never really click on the 'get more' button.
lol, those have been there the whole time Tongue