RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Will there be a RollerCoaster Tycoon 4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
The rest of the coaster isn't that small. When I made that I was just trying out my new PEP team CT that I installed for the third time. You won't see anymore of that project.
Its a paralleled coaster from Block-Brakes, it looks ok to me!
If there will come a new RCT I'm surely gonna pay for it. Everyone wants more possibilities an better resolutions. Maybe RCT4 will have the graphics of No Limits..
NoLimits 2 is coming out soon, it looks AMAZING!
[Image: nl2_6_3.jpg]
Imagine those polys in RCT3.
I wish they made theme park games that good!
The Atari board is unavailable right now so who knows.
Frontier, developers of RCT3, made and recently released this iOS game called "Coaster Crazy."

Sure, it's no RCT, but it has promise and could even replace the current coaster-building system when RCT4 comes - making stretches of track which you can manipulate into turns, bank in any way possible (from a 1 degree bank to extreme 122 degree overbanked turns and more!), tilt and resize the loops any way possible, control over the direction of the coaster (no more straight/diagonal pieces and more realistic Dive Loops / Immelmanns), lift hills and LIM launch sections in any shape (I just made a vertical loop-shaped lift hill, you could even make an overbanked turn shaped lift hill, and more), the possibilities go on and on. All without rough banking transitions, and pieces, like inversions, tunnels and thrill lifts, integrate seamlessly into the custom track.

If that happens in the next RCT they should really make a better way to align polygons to the tracks, because unlimited track shapes mean that our current catwalk and custom supports / spine connectors would become useless in the new game. Here's hoping for dynamic CS catwalks/supports that changes shape to match the track spine, else I think the realism-focused coaster community would stick with RCT3.
(May 25, 2013, 11:22 AM)nerdygeekrct Wrote: [ -> ]Frontier, developers of RCT3, made and recently released this iOS game called "Coaster Crazy." .....

Thanks for sharing the news but the first thing I did was exhale deeply and think, "Right. Another RCT3 wannabe!"

I'll entirely reserve judgement and interest until it's released and until we know more about the actual product after they've finished making it and people actually own copies of it.
(May 26, 2013, 11:06 AM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 25, 2013, 11:22 AM)nerdygeekrct Wrote: [ -> ]Frontier, developers of RCT3, made and recently released this iOS game called "Coaster Crazy." .....

Thanks for sharing the news but the first thing I did was exhale deeply and think, "Right. Another RCT3 wannabe!"

I'll entirely reserve judgement and interest until it's released and until we know more about the actual product after they've finished making it and people actually own copies of it.

Actually they already released it and I play it a lot. Very fun, but space is limited, even though the grid's gone and the track is very flexible.

And no, it's not a RCT3 wannabe. It's an iOS non-branded spinoff by the same developers. Obviously they didn't call this RCT3 for iOS or RCT: Coaster Crazy as they had problems with Chris Sawyer over RCT licensing and even then this is an entirely different game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24