RCTgo Forums

Full Version: We're moving!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everyone!

I'm pleased to announce that in the near future, we will be moving from RCTgo.net to our new home at RCTgo.com. Even though this is a remarkably small change, we're still extremely excited about it. That said, every change requires some planning.

We're taking this opportunity to do some back-end reorganization as well, so unfortunately there will be some minor downtime as a result. However, I'll be doing everything in my power to minimize the downtime that results from these changes, and I'll try to plan it so it occurs at a time where we traditionally receive less traffic.

We don't currently have a firm timeline for when this move will be occurring. However, expect it sometime in the next few weeks.

I'm sure you're wondering what will happen to RCTgo.net after we make the move to RCTgo.com, but there's nothing to worry about! We'll be keeping RCTgo.net as a permanent redirect to RCTgo.com, so that all of your links, both on RCTgo and across the internet, will continue to work just fine.

If you have any questions about or move, please feel free to let me know in this thread! If not, look out for the downtime announcement sometime soon.

Thanks for everyone's continued support! Smile

Justin
Will our downloads stay and our posts and everything? Or will it all start again?
Absolutely everything will stay exactly as it is! We'll just be at RCTgo.com instead of RCTgo.net.
ok i better change my book mark when its done then!
Everything will be exactly the same as before. Wink RCTgo at one time was a .com until around early 2008 when the owner wouldnt let it be renewed so for a time we were without a domain. That has long since been cleared up and should never happen again, now it will be just like the good old days.
(Apr 2, 2012, 04:27 PM)ChappiePie Wrote: [ -> ]ok i better change my book mark when its done then!

And even if you don't, your bookmark to RCTgo.net will take you to RCTgo.com (once the move is complete). Wink
ah thats ok then Biggrin
What a surprise! I use Google Chrome, and the most visited website that I go to comes up that starts with the letter I typed. RCTgo is my most visited website for R, so when I type R, it shows up as RCTgo.net with CTgo.net highlited, and all I have to do is press enter. You may be a little confused, so here is a snapshot of what I am talking about.

[Image: 74310883875119967829.png]

Will this automatically change too? I visit RCTgo enough anyway though. Tongue

I also noticed this interesting thing on RCTgo.com!

[Image: 99770347723653023137.png]
(Apr 2, 2012, 08:19 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: [ -> ]What a surprise! I use Google Chrome, and the most visited website that I go to comes up that starts with the letter I typed. RCTgo is my most visited website for R, so when I type R, it shows up as RCTgo.net with CTgo.net highlited, and all I have to do is press enter. You may be a little confused, so here is a snapshot of what I am talking about.

http://photoupload.org/images/74310883875119967829.png

Will this automatically change too? I visit RCTgo enough anyway though. Tongue

I also noticed this interesting thing on RCTgo.com!

http://photoupload.org/images/99770347723653023137.png

rctgo.net will take you to rctgo.com after we make the move. I'm not sure if Chrome will change it to rctgo.com though... That said, typing in r in my Chrome search box does the same thing. And typing fo brings up forums.rctgo.net. Tongue

And yep, I put that up there because I knew people would try to go to the .com after I posted this thread. Wink
Hey guys, I'm clearly not a tec-xpert, could somesome shortly tell me the difference between .com and .net, I'm guessing .com has better standards or something? I know nothing, I just help people out, give advice ect.
Pages: 1 2 3