RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Your screenshot could be in the RCTgo header!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Here are my entries:

[Image: headercontest1.jpg]

[Image: headercontest3.jpg]

[Image: headercontest2.jpg]
I like the 3rd one the best
There's a lot more going on in the third one - and more contrasts. Thanks for your comment.
I don't think Justin wants a too distracting background, which automatically eliminates the first and third.
(Dec 22, 2012, 04:41 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think Justin wants a too distracting background, which automatically eliminates the first and third.

And ..... you are telling us this because .....
Because the whole point in this thread is to have a new header background...

...Your asking me this because...
I think the 3rd one is really good. I disagree with Alex. And the 2nd is very artistic.
(Dec 22, 2012, 06:14 PM)Piedude81 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the 3rd one is really good. I disagree with Alex. And the 2nd is very artistic.

Yes, as with any dark entry or any night time entry, the third one would certainly better coordinate with the appearance of this site. And now that I’ve more closely looked at the first one, there’s not too much going on in that, is there? Thanks for your input.

(Dec 22, 2012, 05:32 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: [ -> ]Because the whole point in this thread is to have a new header background...

I believe the whole point of this thread, like all the other threads on this site, is to encourage a sense of community, even if it is a virtual community on the internet. Sites with polls, contests and other threads such as this add dimension to our interest in roller coaster sim games. Any positive feedback from what we do is the icing on the cake.

Prior to your post I was mindful of what it is Justin is looking for in the entries and have noticed some of these entries do not quite seem to be as I myself would have submitted them but, as this thread has not been set up especially for me I kept any negative comments to myself. If I did feel so strongly about any negative comments and believed they would be constructive I would have PM’d the member with anything negative I might have thought.

I was fully aware of what Justin wanted when I first read this thread and again later when I revisited it. I was aware of what Justin wanted when I considered my screen shots. I continued to be aware of what Justin wanted while I was editing my work and while I was uploading it to the web host and while I was posting it. I’m sure a majority of the other contestants took the same into consideration while they worked on their entries and while they viewed each others’ entries.

(Apr 26, 2012, 08:02 PM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]…..
The screenshots that are selected will be dependent on what I think works well in the header.
…..

Finally, it appears the final say in the matter is Justin's. I don’t see why this is so important to you when it is Justin who will be taking the above into consideration while he is selecting the final entry. For all we know Justin hasn’t seen a single suitable entry as of today’s date. My entries are simply three among hundreds and only one contestant is going to win. Therefore, it would go without saying that I (and probably a majority of the other contestants) didn’t enter to win – I entered because this site is interesting, to gain enjoyment from our community, to contribute to others’ enjoyment of this site and to be a part of this contest.

However, in the same spirit one must accept negative feedback as well as the positive so I thank you for your original comment.

I’m afraid your view of this contest suggests that if either of your posts have met your needs then your needs have been met at the lowest denominator.
(Apr 26, 2012, 08:02 PM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ][*]Not too distracting, as remember, it will just be a background behind our logo.[/list]

That's all I'm trying to point out.
What's wrong with distracting? Would you rather have a plain banner than an attractive one? I really like the third one, great job!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12