RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Downloads Center Refresh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that a fairly large update has just been made to the Downloads Center! Following the Video Theater Updates earlier this year, the Downloads Center has been refreshed from top to bottom, providing a fresh look for many pages and some completely new features. Here are just a few of the changes:

Likes!
We've had a rating system in place for a few years now, however, we thought it would be more appropriate to replace that system with the now-ubiquitous "like." So rather than rate, you can now simply click Like! Ratings of 4 and 5 have automatically been converted into likes, so we're not starting completely fresh.

Brand New Uploader
The Upload Your Works system has been rewritten from the ground up to clarify the process and make the steps much easier to follow. You're now guided through a 5-step process, with only a few details on each page, letting you piece your download together part by part. This also allows you to get a preview of your download before you post it, and make any changes that are necessary. You don't have to finish your upload in one sitting, either - as soon as you move on to the second step, your details are saved and you can resume your upload just by going to Manage Downloads.

Manage Downloads updates
Going with the uploader updates, the manage downloads section has seen some minor revisions. As mentioned, you can now access incomplete uploads. Additionally, the Screenshots page has been completely redesigned to make the process much easier to follow.

There might be a few bugs...
As this is a fairly large update, there might still be a few issues needing worked out. If you find anything that's a bit wonky, please let me know in this thread, by PM by email, or in the RCTgo Public Relations forum.

I hope you enjoy the updates to the Downloads Center! Smile

Justin
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU JUSTIN!

One little thing. My entry for Build It! (Affinity) is well over 7 MB because it contains lots of CS sets in it. Can you be kind enough to replace the download buttons direct link from a file hosted at RCTgo with one that I uploaded on mediafire? I reallllly need you to do this for me.
(Jul 24, 2012, 10:48 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: [ -> ]One little thing. My entry for Build It! (Affinity) is well over 7 MB because it contains lots of CS sets in it. Can you be kind enough to replace the download buttons direct link from a file hosted at RCTgo with one that I uploaded on mediafire? I reallllly need you to do this for me.

Email the link to justin [at] rctgo [dot] com and I'll upload it to the RCTgo server manually when entries open.
Incredible work on the new updates!!!! Love the new style!
I was confused when I first seen the update, Nice Job!
There were a few issues with screenshots not showing for downloads uploaded using the new system. These should be resolved.
(Jul 25, 2012, 09:23 AM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]There were a few issues with screenshots not showing for downloads uploaded using the new system. These should be resolved.

Cool, thanks for the update :P.
You should now be able to remove uploads that are in progress but haven't been posted from the Manage Downloads page.
Good because I was going to test the new uploader thing and I couldn't delete it!
(Aug 4, 2012, 02:04 PM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]You should now be able to remove uploads that are in progress but haven't been posted from the Manage Downloads page.

We both had that idea because I PM'd you about it Smile
Pages: 1 2