RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Introducing the new RCTgo home page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'm glad everyone likes it! Smile It's amazing how just a few simple tweaks can clean up the look of a page so much.

(Oct 22, 2012, 12:50 PM)RCTgoMatthew Wrote: [ -> ]^^^^ But Justin, what about if people put screenshots on their downloads later but they are still able to be shown on the Home Page, as in not many people have uploaded things?

I'm not entirely sure what your question is? The listing of downloads on the home page is completely dynamic - it simply looks for the latest downloads that also have at least one screenshot, and lists the first 17 results. That's all there is to it.
^ Here is my question I was trying to ask you. What happens if someone adds a screenshot to their upload that hasn't got one, would it show on the latest downloads list because it has a screenshot and its new?
It's too bad for them then.
(Oct 22, 2012, 03:30 PM)RCTgoMatthew Wrote: [ -> ]^ Here is my question I was trying to ask you. What happens if someone adds a screenshot to their upload that hasn't got one, would it show on the latest downloads list because it has a screenshot and its new?

If it's still one of the 17 latest downloads, yes. Like I said, it just looks for the latest downloads that also have screenshots. There's no distinction between when screenshots were uploaded.
^ Ok, thanks for the information =D
^ What, I don't think thats needed!

You should exclude screenshots that have faults as well Justin, for example: Screenshot errors.
I am not sure if I did or not.

I really like the new homepage, but it just seems too jumbled.
I am glad the downloads without images don't show up on the homepage, because people would upload a bunch of downloads without images after I just posted mine and knocked me off the homepage. Now that won't happen Biggrin
Not just you, a whole bunch of people aswell.
Hey Justin,

I have a suggestion, I think you should change theme colors or banners now and then kind of like SGW. Maybe change themes for holidays too!

Also, I think you did an amazing job making the MyBB forums!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5