RCTgo Forums

Full Version: [RCT2] NieSch's coaster designs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(Apr 28, 2013, 01:57 PM)NieSch Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to make videos of the RCT2-only coasters too, but I can't find a screen recording program that works with RCT2. Maybe someone has a suggestion?

I searched for hours and hours to find Hypercam 2, you will probably have to mess around with the options, but I guarantee you that it will work, because I have recorded videos before. Just don't record long videos like me where Youtube says to wait 28 hours to complete the upload process, ugh, I hate having limits on all these video media websites. I also wish Youtube was faster too. I mean, if I figured out how to, I am sure I could post a video manually much faster than Youtube could do it Rolleyes
(Jun 25, 2013, 05:37 PM)Ardy Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 28, 2013, 01:57 PM)NieSch Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to make videos of the RCT2-only coasters too, but I can't find a screen recording program that works with RCT2. Maybe someone has a suggestion?

I searched for hours and hours to find Hypercam 2, you will probably have to mess around with the options, but I guarantee you that it will work, because I have recorded videos before, but the audio doesn't work. Just don't record long videos like me where Youtube says to wait 28 hours to complete the upload process, ugh, I hate having limits on all these video media websites. I also wish Youtube was faster too. I mean, if I figured out how to, I am sure I could post a video manually much faster than Youtube could do it Rolleyes
You should add some castle-style buildings throughout the ride.

(Themeing)
(Jun 25, 2013, 05:00 PM)Terry Inferno Wrote: [ -> ]The coaster itself is pretty awesome, but the tower is enough to give it epic status.

Why don't I ever see you enter anything in the Build It! competition?

(Jun 25, 2013, 05:28 PM)Ardy Wrote: [ -> ]You need to join the Build It Competition dude, these are amazing!!!

Thanks a lot! I planned to enter the competition with Diving Falcon, but was a little too late and was sure I couldn't wait for a whole week to show it. Wink

(Jun 25, 2013, 06:38 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: [ -> ]You should add some castle-style buildings throughout the ride.

(Themeing)

That may be nice, but I think the way it is now makes the tower stand out more. Of course, these are only coasterdesigns. When placed in a park a lot more scenery can be added. Smile

About making videos: I'll try some things. Hopefully it'll work. (I think it has something to do with disabling hardware acceleration.)
Yippee, I managed to make a RCT2-video! (Hypercam 2. Thanks Ardy!) Biggrin

Diving Falcon (no audio):

I'll make some more videos of other coasterdesigns soon and I'll update the first post of this topic with links to the videos.
You're welcome! I'm glad I could help!

Ardy Wink
I made some more videos and uploaded them to my RCT YouTube-account which can be found here.

Two of my favorite videos:

4D Coaster Daredevil. (You can see in this video how the position of the cars changes during the ride.)

Dragonfly Island.
I'll try to enter the Build It! competition with a brand new coasterdesign tomorrow. Smile
Sweet, your coasters are always great. Can't wait to see it!
New: Rag-time Reverser

The reverser rollercoaster is a type of coaster that actually did exist. In his book "The Incredible Scream Machine: A History of the Roller Coaster" Robert Cartmell writes the following about Frank F. Hoover's Reverser in Saltair: "It was a straightforward legitimate roller coaster until the rear wheels swiveled out and around on tracks of their own. Passengers then rode sections backward until the next spin-about. Riders were never sure which way they would face during the run since there were several turning points."

[Image: reverser.jpg]

Saltair's Reverser operated from 1915 untill 1925. The musical style ragtime (also available as a musical style in RCT) was popular in those years. That's what inspired me to build "Rag-time Reverser". Ragtime's main characteristic trait is its syncopated, or "ragged" rhythm. Syncopation is a general term for "a disturbance or interruption of the regular flow". This is also exactly what the reverser-elements do; they interrupt the flow of the cars.

[Image: sepia.png]

Rag-time Reverser is fast, wild and intense. Just as you would expect of a ride from the roaring twenties, the first golden age in the history of rollercoasters!

[Image: statsrtr.png]

In color:

[Image: RTR.PNG]
(Click to enlarge.)

Track layout:

[Image: RTRlayout.PNG]

Video:

If you like the rollercoaster you can vote for it in the Build It! competition now. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28