RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Curve - RCT3 Looping Coaster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 6879_5177e1e2b9ad2.jpg]

DOWNLOAD "CURVE" HERE: http://rctgo.com/downloads/view/6879
Video trailer coming soon! Please leave feedback on coaster in this thread.

Curve is a looping coaster for RCT3 which aims to make an organic, natural, smooth feeling in a looping coaster without the trademark bumps and banks of RollerCoaster Tycoon Games. Yet, it will still take courage to master this coaster, with a large amount of G forces, many inversions, windy curves and the force of wind against your face. Curve is sure to be a nice addition to your parks, and can deliver high levels of excitement and thrill without the intensity going over 8.

The looping roller coaster format was chosen as it is limited in track elements, the only inversion being loops and a half loop, leaving me to have less temptation into adding corkscrews and dive loops, some of my favorite elements, and focusing on the rider experience with smooth track and loop placement making the difference.

As of April 27, 2013 the coaster managed to get 138 downloads, a huge number for a track uploaded on April 24. A modified version of this would be a possible entry to the BuildIt competition. Stay tuned.

Curve has generated high satisfaction rates in test parks created in sandbox mode. No matter where it is placed in a park it generates high traffic and profits. However, we cannot guarantee the profits will make up for coaster construction costs - this is entirely up to strategic ticket pricing and attendance numbers.

Curve is now available on RCTgo.

"dude nice coaster" - zack_three_awesome_dog
"Dude this is bad lime" - RomanGallo :3
"Nice very nice" - Biggarachi

138 downloads in 3 days

In this thread, please submit your feedback on the coaster, like any constructive (or destructive) criticisms as well as compliments and inquiries. Thanks!
Naice! Check how many download Buzz Line has got, and you'll be shocked.
They say marketing is everything. I've downloaded it simply because you've presented it so well. I'll ride it in the next few days and comment.
Are you talking to me or nerdygeekrct?
I was talking to Nerdygeek.

Curve was an interesting ride. I understand how the ride was that much better because you didn’t bank the turns (so nice to see the scenery during the entire ride rather than only on flat tracked areas) but I couldn’t shake the feeling that the turns were just that bit too quick for non-banked so possibly you might want a few brake sections in Curve. It was a pleasant surprise that the two loops were not consecutive, that the rider went around one loop, there was some more ride, then around the other loop – very nice. It was also a nice surprise for the ride to leave the station and travel directly through the two loops. It’s usually a good idea to stay away from inversions. Only one or two of them will really whack up your nausea rating. Inversions in real life aren’t all that bad though, my mate and I were on a coaster that had five consecutive horizontal inversions exactly like a corkscrew lying on its side. I found that exciting, not nauseous.