RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Space Mountain v2!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have recently been working on perfecting space mountain, because nobody liked the old one i made so I decided to make it better. Sadly, it was very frustrating, and i really hated the work that was needed. So I decided to make a brand new space mountain. This one i have been working on for a week now, and I am almost done. I have plenty of screenshots for you guys to look at, and I will post the download after I add some finishing touches. So take a look at these shots!

Here are a few pics of the outside and inside of the ride in the daytime. It doesn't look too much like the old one, but it is better!

[attachment=965]

This is inside of the station. Say hi to DLO5! Tongue

[attachment=966]

And this is inside the dome. It clearly looks a ton cooler than v1!

[attachment=967][attachment=968][attachment=969]

At night, it looks even better! Here are my cool pics!

This is the station at night.

[attachment=970]

And here is the beginning part, the power transfer and launch tunnels.

[attachment=971][attachment=972][attachment=973][attachment=974]

And last but not least, this is the inside at night!

[attachment=975][attachment=976][attachment=977][attachment=978]
[attachment=979][attachment=980][attachment=981][attachment=982]
[attachment=983]

These are the changes i in v2 that i am making:

The track layout will be closer to the real thing.
The star effects will be fireworks and not star boxes.
The launch tunnels will look more like the real Sm.
I will not include catwalks.
Star supports will be added.
The re-entry tunnel will look more like the real thing.
The station will also look better, because i am using different ride entrances and exits.
And it will be more fun!

Well I am almost done and the park will be uploaded around 6:00 pacific time. Like i said, I am going to make some finishing touches, make a video of it, get some custom scenery direct downloads, and post the park in this thread! Cya later!Wink
Very promising. Can't wait to see the final result!
The video is done, and it is available for download! Yes, i know there are a few glitches, the cars go through the roof at the top, and there are stars in the launch tunnel. Also, the video might be a little darker than it was in the game. Just try to ignore these glitches!(:

This is the video not the park!Tongue

[attachment=996]
[attachment=997]
The park download is here! I have posted the park and not the track, because the stars are a separate fireworks display. Before you download, download these custom scenery sets. (And i have been able to post the downloads themselves!)

The first set is mattat14 space mountain set. Click here to download!

The second set is errt invisible ride entrances. This really makes the ride look better! Click here to download!

And the last set is Jcats spaceworx, you don't HAVE to download this set, because its just for 2 little galaxys, but you can if you want. Click here to download!

Now here is the park!

[attachment=998]

Happy space traveling!
I downloaded your park but unfortunately it won't open! My game crashed on me during the loading process (activation phase). Maybe it has something to do with the compression of the file... You could possibly try to post the file again and set your zip to LOW compression (since your .dat file is less than 2mb, it will still be small enough)...
But I'm not sure what the real cause is... :|

I wonder if my parks already uploaded do the same thing on other computers? Eek
Hey! I liked the old one.
But dont let that put you off making this new one, it looks greeeaat.
Wow very interesting. I enjoy your work; it always seems to fit the theme you are going for. Although I haven't downloaded yet due to my lack of custom scenery and time at the moment; judging by the screenshots you have shown the community I am really impressed.

:xpirate:
Spez Wrote:I downloaded your park but unfortunately it won't open! My game crashed on me during the loading process (activation phase). Maybe it has something to do with the compression of the file... You could possibly try to post the file again and set your zip to LOW compression (since your .dat file is less than 2mb, it will still be small enough)...
But I'm not sure what the real cause is... :|

It doesn't always work the first time you try it, so try loading the park again.

DraytonMonkey Wrote:Wow very interesting. I enjoy your work; it always seems to fit the theme you are going for. Although I haven't downloaded yet due to my lack of custom scenery and time at the moment; judging by the screenshots you have shown the community I am really impressed.

:xpirate:

Get the scenery and download, because its cool and fun to ride. And it might even look better if you set the track to invisible.

Recently, rct3 coasterkid posted Hong Kong space mountain scenery, but it has lots of problems, and the scenery it has is limited. And some of you may not have Win Rar, so I wont make that space mountain unless it is fixed a bit. Thanks for the complements guys, and I might try to make version 3 if im up to it.
What Custom scenery did you use?
Drome G60 Wrote:What Custom scenery did you use?

Look above, I listed downloads, didn't you see? :lol:
Pages: 1 2