RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Welcome to the new and improved RCTgo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: rctgo3.png]

Today, RCTgo turns three years old - and what a more appropriate time than now to release RCTgo's third website! That's right, today, on RCTgo's third birthday, I'm proud to announce the release of RCTgo 3.0. You may be wondering, though... what's new?

Downloads Revisted
The entire downloads center has gotten a refresh from beginning to end, from upload to download. The upload form has been reorganized to only show fields that are relevant to your download. The downloads listings have been designed to be cleaner and easier to use. When you go to view a screenshot, it now loads the image inline over the current page rather than loading a new page altogether.

Now, you may have noticed some of the pages were getting extremely long - such as the Roller Coasters listing. Problem solved: All downloads are now split into pages, with 10 per page. Even better, you can now truly search for downloads the way you should have been able to all along - with a results listing just like all of your other downloads pages. You can limit your search to multiple types of downloads, by author or keyword, and by version of RCT3.

Let's all go to the movies
Announcing the RCTgo Video Theater, a source for RCT3, Thrillville, and even user-created videos. All videos that were previously available on RCTgo (along with many more!) can now be viewed directly in your browser, in the video theater. Don't worry, though - if you still want to download videos, they're available for download on the "Videos" page beneath each section.

Clean, clean, clean!
All pages have been "cleaned up," you could say, in order to maintain the quality of our pages. Everything has been reorganized, pages split up or merged, and we've even added a full-site search feature, letting you search both the site and forums (but still use the forums search for a better search engine for the forums).

Screenshots are now all in galleries that, like some of the pages on the old site, load screenshots on top of the current page, allowing you to navigate from screenshot to screenshot. You can now get a printable version of the page that leaves out all of the wonderful design elements by choosing "Print this page" at the bottom of all pages (except for the downloads section).

Featured Coasters
Today, I'm also announcing the start of RCTgo's Featured Coaster Competition, the ongoing RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 coaster-creation competition that has a new winner every two weeks! I'll be starting the competition later this week, and when that time comes, I'll explain the full process. I've made it all quite simple, really, but it does take a bit of an explanation.

Of course... a brand new layout
As I'm sure you've already noticed, RCTgo 3.0 also includes a brand new layout and design - both for the main site and the forums. The design needed a refresh, and that is definitely what happened!

The forums have also been reorganized to better suit our current needs. Several forums were merged or moved around, to make it all a bit cleaner and neater. If you notice any threads in the wrong place, feel free to post a thread about it or PM me - I'll get it fixed ASAP.

Once again, welcome to RCTgo 3.0! Take a look around and check out all that has changed. I hope you enjoy all of the changes... I know I will!
Don't see the new theme?
You may be one of the few who have the old theme selected in the options. Go to User CP > Edit Options, and under "Other Options," for "Board Style," select "Use Default."

If this does not change the theme, please send me a PM.
Its finally here!

I have been waiting a while for the new web design. I did not hear from anyone on how close this change was. I was wondering if it was even going to come in the next 3 months!

So i explored rctgo 3.0 and i can really say that you did a good job belloman! It just way beyond awesome, there a ton new features, all of which i have no time to name!

And i also like how you upgraded the downloads. I'm also really glad you let us use bitmap images, because its just easier.

Congratulations belloman for publishing 3.0!! :up::clap::balloon:
Sorry for my absence as of late. It looks great Belloman! (Even though I've seen it before Tongue) Hopefully time will permit me to spend some more time around here, but I've just been bombarded lately. Happy Birthday RCTgo!
Whoa the new site looks awesome!! Biggrin

Well done, Belloman
P.S: also well done on 800th post