Wright Terrace Gardens

Hello fellow tycoons,

it has been some time since my last post, and I have returned to RCT-3 after some renewed inspiration from a couple architectural threads and posts at another forum, particularly concerning the Frank Lloyd Wright "Falling Water" house...

[Image: 30nalue.jpg]

So, I am right in the midst of a new resort and park, "Wright Terrace Gardens", with "Wright Terrace" the featured resort.

Now, the main thing about this build, is getting the "house", what will be the lobby for the resort, getting that structure situated over a waterfall and making it all work, you have to actually "trick" the software into accomplishing your ends here...

So at first, I considered natural looking landscapes, ones of course built to support waterfalls, like this...

[Image: znu0s8.jpg]

But then, taking into account the basic cubism or "rectanglism" of the house, why not build a more artificial type hillside to put this project in? It will lose some of the stark contrast between nature and the modern design, but I could perhaps compensate for that in some ways, and maybe find other aspects to exploit...

So here is where we are at with it, I thought you might like to watch it being put up as I build it.

Here we start with a very basic 'L'-shaped form...

[Image: s59zqt.jpg]

A bit further along, we add waterfalls and reflecting pools...

[Image: 34pe6bk.jpg]

That waterfall is about 60 feet tall!

This building both collects and recycles ALL of it's water, it is totally independent of city water and sewer, and what you are seeing is one of the last phases of returning the water to potable: aeration and UV exposure from the sun...

Where the prominent patio on the house is, here I have envisioned a swimming pool, and the challenge is getting this pool over the waterfall cleanly with no support structures pools normally have...

[Image: 2vubhx0.jpg]

Now that pool looks maybe small by the pics, it's actually 60 x 170

A few more pieces in place, we turn the waterfalls back on and there's our pool...

[Image: 6ql5pf.jpg]

A little further along, here a second pool has been added...

[Image: 10rib8h.jpg]

Also, the floor of what is going to be a Chinese Restaurant instead of the spacious lobby of the resort as I first imagined.

Here we see that going up and the back of this part of the build where the real working parts are and things start getting a bit more complicated...

[Image: 2ilj788.jpg]

[Image: futcut.jpg]

Might as well get a head start on the lighting, one of the fun parts, but one that can also be very difficult and frustrating too...

[Image: 972mg3.jpg]

On this build as I have been doing the last couple years, everything is built from the inside out, and I want this resort the most functional of all!

[Image: 11ahevs.jpg]

I decided that at this point I need to do a preliminary "peeps test" just to make sure, if they don't like what I have so far, there's not much point to any of it...

[Image: 1hz7v4.jpg]

[Image: 1z3cx3t.jpg]

[Image: zx401h.jpg]

And it seems the general peep consensus is pretty good, we have a rating of 645 with only two pools and no actual rides.. plus, we already won the tidy park award. :-)

[Image: i421r6.jpg]

Lighting can be fun and adds a wonderful extra dimension to RCT, and there are many types of in-game and custom lighting, but as mentioned it can also be a huge pain and especially lighting pools, they are the hardest, next is shrubbery.

[Image: 2jcvv53.jpg]

I had to take flood lights on poles and sink them down and fudge a bit to get the lighting just right, the top pool still needs some too.

And I finally got the roof over the Chinese restaurant...

[Image: dyun20.jpg]

[Image: 2qw0j7k.jpg]

Here I have added the top two tiers, whew, didn't think we'd ever see it...

[Image: mrppit.jpg]

I'm going to cover that top "crazy paving" patio with some more attractive path covers, there are many styles available to choose from.

You wouldn't believe how much trouble I went through trying to place that brown overhanging planter guys, it took almost a full hour!

[Image: v3nk0j.jpg]

Some of this custom scenery ("CS") is a real pain to put up... I tore up a good section of the main pool last night trying to get one little Eames garden light in place... in the end it just couldn't be done.. was actually "impossible" and I had to abandon it and move along.

I added some boulders at the base, just a few, it's easy to get carried away with something like that, and any more would start to take away from the overall instead of enhance... it took more than an hour to decide just how to place the few I did include...

[Image: dzck7r.jpg]

A lot has been added to the back. that large glass canopy is illuminated along with another one of my patented illuminated planters waiting for dusk...

[Image: m7vmyw.jpg]

I put four of them here, just what this side of the building needed, some light and shrubbery...

[Image: 5kgbic.jpg]

Still going to put low planters between them.

[Image: 1zmjc3q.jpg]

I still have a lot of details to put into this part of the build like, I need lighting and more interior work in the Chinese restaurant, but we are more finished than not and soon I must start building the stack, "Wright Tower" and all of it's associated parts. It must be the most functional high-rise yet!

[Image: 2586zhs.jpg]

Hope you like it and much more to come!

Thx :-)
Looks pretty sexy
Twitter - Twitch
Who needs realism when you have creativity?
Don't kill yourself kids!
This is amazing.
Thank you for the nice comments guys, here's some more...

I managed to get the Chinese restaurant pretty much squared away, I spent quite a bit of time and feats of acrobatics just getting those four lights on each overhang for a total of eight lined up... I had to tear off the roof a couple times and do other upheavals to put in the tables and chairs, the interior lights, the double buffet and Asian-style scenery...

[Image: 2cpastk.jpg]

Inside I have tried to put together enough adornments for this expansive floor space...

[Image: 2l88476.jpg]

And I see the Loudermilk twins made it through the main gate :/ ... ^ :stung:

I was very much worried about getting actual working tables and chairs because in-game scenery can't be placed directly on pathways like that black tarmac, so I had to tear the roof off once again and do major surgery to the tarmac and other things beneath the restaurant...

[Image: 33tnsjk.jpg]

It's really a Chinese/American restaurant, they have Chinese dishes like spaghetti, and also many American favorites like Chop-Suey.

[Image: qxjt3o.jpg]

[Image: 351g9lc.jpg]

I still have plenty of odds and ends to attend to here at Wright Terrace like lighting and enclosing the shop stalls and a bit more shrubbery of course (!)

But if you look closely in the top left corner of this pic you can see what will be another huge project for this park: Wright Plaza...

[Image: 2vd4to3.jpg]

And I'm just tinkering around with ideas for that Building for now, first I have to finish and then put up a high-rise next to what we have so far.

[Image: 29lfv3n.jpg]
The chinese restaurant (?Red-Dragon?) looks pretty realistic, nicely done!

Rest of it you know it from the other thread, but i say it again, is amazing. Smile

If you rebuild this in the end with RCT2 (+CSO's) this would be great.
(because you have the talent with RCT2, too)

When not, maybe i give it a try and would do my best to re-create Frank-Lloyd's "Falling-Water-House" Tongue

Lg Cheleste
My Feedback can hurt like a
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4698]
(Aug 20, 2014, 10:40 PM)Cheleste Wrote: The chinese restaurant (?Red-Dragon?) looks pretty realistic, nicely done!

Rest of it you know it from the other thread, but i say it again, is amazing. Smile

If you rebuild this in the end with RCT2 (+CSO's) this would be great.
(because you have the talent with RCT2, too)

When not, maybe i give it a try and would do my best to re-create Frank-Lloyd's "Falling-Water-House" Tongue

Lg Cheleste

Thank you so much and yes, give it a shot in 2.

My version is my interpretation and trying to convert it, scale it up etc for a resort, but a detailed model of the actual house would make a nice project for rct 2 or 3 and you can get the floor plans on google images.

Thx Smile
So we left off with a giant granite lego and a rough idea of Wright Tower and a LOT of work ahead of us... and one thing I really, really wanted for this build and have for years before I ever heard of the falling water house, was a triangular pool, a right triangle...

[Image: sauvdx.jpg]

These pools can be a very frustrating experience, I almost gave up the notion twice to settle for a couple multi-level, lapped rectangular pools, glad I persevered because the result was pretty much what I wanted...

[Image: n2z9lc.jpg]

Placed it right across the big Kleenex box to break those rectangular lines...

[Image: 33pa5pc.jpg]

And next to the new pool we have the pathway part of Wright Tower up over the lobby, this will make it fully functional and allow peeps to wander the rooms and floors...

[Image: 2i28kfr.jpg]

Here we see the first floor of rooms on top of the lobby. The rooms are 1300 sq. ft. with a 200 sq. ft. patio space.

[Image: 2u6gyty.jpg]

Lol, RCT-3 interior scenery is pretty hit and miss, sometimes you have to make sectional sofas out of glass blocks etc, lol.

So here is the high-rise, it's 10 stories of two deluxe suites for a total of 20...

[Image: 25rhylx.jpg]

I could have made it much taller and thought about adding at least two more floors... But, for the sake of the game software not locking up, I settled for a more modest 10 floors.

Now, I guess it's okay, but it really needs something more doesn't it, something to set it apart from all the other "big glass box" buildings we see... Wright wradiators...

[Image: 2vmbred.jpg]

Inside we have done our best to accommodate you in spacious luxury, (and notice the shrubbery :-)all the rooms have big screens, 100 meg internet access and full work stations for those using the cloud...

[Image: ru38nk.jpg]

I think that's one of my favorite movies playing on the tele...^

There are still a lot of details to be tended to, some major things like installing the elevator for those lazy peeps, but I do feel as though we have crossed a major milestone, whew!

[Image: 1112ve1.jpg]

Now it's on to the new restaurant next door and also a theatre that is another part of the complex.

[Image: 2enygeh.jpg]

Thx :-)
True works of art. Love it all but I keep getting drawn to the triangle shaped pool.
(Aug 25, 2014, 05:32 PM)Huggy Bear Wrote: True works of art. Love it all but I keep getting drawn to the triangle shaped pool.

Thank you for the nice comments and the pool does break up those horizontal lines alright. I wanted to line it with a single line of neon, but couldn't find a diagonal piece... then I wanted to also put neon on some other structures, but figured what's the point if I can't ring the pool with it...

Here are a few more pics...

Here is the yet to be finished lobby...

[Image: f02ee1.jpg]

Lol, I don't even have the back wall up yet, I hope she brought a sweater.^

You can see the entire back of the building needs to be put up before I proceed much further...

[Image: ivbkw6.jpg]

But it should come out really nicely and enhance what we have so far.

Each room has a nice spacious, breezy patio and just look at that shrubbery!

[Image: 29fuhom.jpg]

[Image: 11sco6t.jpg]

[Image: x3vfph.jpg]

[Image: 2hxapp3.jpg]

Thx Smile
CSF had made some Neon-CSO-Set's for RCT3!

- CSF Neon Lighting Set
- CSF NLS Lift hill expansion
- CSFNeonLightingSetRecolorableLightingEmitters

If i am right the standart set should have all variants of neon tubes, vertical, horizontal and diagonal.
The Lifthill Expansion has some diagonal parts in it, only sloped ones but maybe you can create not a "line" around the pool, but a zig-zag version is possible.
Or you use only neon spots from the other sets to give the pool and other things an "eye-catcher" look Biggrin

Download-Links:
-------------------

CSF Neon Lighning Set

CSF NLS Lift Hill Expansion

CSF Neon LighningSet Recolorable Lightning Emitters

Lg Cheleste

PS: the screens are nice, as allways Smile
My Feedback can hurt like a
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4698]