RCTgo Forums
What's This Item? - Printable Version

+- RCTgo Forums (https://forums.rctgo.com)
+-- Forum: The Games (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: RollerCoaster Tycoon Discussion (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: What's This Item? (/thread-7256.html)

Pages: 1 2

What's This Item? - FlightToAtlantis - Feb 24, 2013

I recently placed an installation of RCT3 on another disk drive to do some experimentation with an unadulterated install. I noticed during the expansion pack install that this was one of the images that came up on the monitor:

[Image: 24022013unknownitem.jpg]

I've noticed something unfamiliar behind the people on the left side and have circled it, hoping someone can tell me what this is as I have never seen it while actually playing RCT3.

RE: What's This Item? - CalderCity - Feb 24, 2013

That looks like it was just created with the stock sci-fi walls and roofs...

RE: What's This Item? - Blu - Feb 24, 2013

It's the in-game Sci-fi scenery under the walls section.

RE: What's This Item? - FlightToAtlantis - Feb 25, 2013

I was 99% sure but I double checked the in-game sci-fi wall set before posting to be sure. I wish you were right but I'm afraid it's not. The design on the item in this image seems to have an Central American or possibly Asian feel to it.

RE: What's This Item? - Blu - Feb 25, 2013

I am 100% sure that is not custom scenery. And why would they have an Asian themed piece right next to a space ship?

RE: What's This Item? - Ness64 - Feb 26, 2013

And I'm 200% sure. Alex is right.

RE: What's This Item? - FlightToAtlantis - Feb 26, 2013

I never said it was custom scenery. After all, back in 2004 when this game was created (and a year later when the expansions were released) there was no such thing.

I also didn't say it was a Central American or an Asian piece of scenery, I said the design on the item seemed to have that feel to it.

I also said I checked the sci-fi wall set in the in-game scenery and am now 100% certain it's not sci-fi scenery.

And you're right, no they probably wouldn't have placed an Asian themed scenery item next to a spaceship in a sci-fi themed area, although we'll never know if that particular park in the image was entirely sci-fi or if there was other scenery about and that, perhaps, the view in that image might be at the division/border between themed areas in that park. Chances are the folks at Atari created several types of theming in several parks for the original and expansion slideshow screenshots.

I am still 100% sure it's not sci-fi scenery.

So having said that, what is it you're 100% sure of, 200% sure of and right about?

RE: What's This Item? - CalderCity - Feb 26, 2013

It is sci-fi. Just looked and it's painfully obvious. I don't know how this is so hard for you. Go look again.

RE: What's This Item? - Blu - Feb 26, 2013

I'm opening RCT3.

RE: What's This Item? - FlightToAtlantis - Feb 27, 2013

(Feb 26, 2013, 05:06 PM)CalderCity Wrote: It is sci-fi. Just looked .....

I would be happy to go back and look but it is not painfully obvious. You have to complete the instructions that you gave me:

1.What tab is this item under (paths tab, walls tab)?

2. Is the item then listed in a group or is it a stand-alone item, listed by itself? For example, an Oldman's Fountain Set is a group.

3. What is the item called when you have found it on the menu?

4. What folder/subfolder(s) is the item in in the RCT3 Program Files Folder?

5. What is the name of the item once I go in my Program Files folder and I''ve opened the folder in “4?”

6.If you've got the time, show me a screenshot of the image placed in a park on your system. The park need not be elaborate, a blank park with one instance of this item placed will be sufficient? Please include in the screenshot the scenery tab opened to this item.

If you could do this it would help. I didn't expect that this would get this elaborate but I'm sure I've never seen this item in the game and you're sure you have.