RCTgo Forums
Newport Pleasure Gardens - Contest Begins (9-12-11) - Printable Version

+- RCTgo Forums (https://forums.rctgo.com)
+-- Forum: The Games (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: RollerCoaster Tycoon Exchange (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-14.html)
+---- Forum: Parks (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-34.html)
+---- Thread: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Contest Begins (9-12-11) (/thread-5239.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - gci2011 - Jun 16, 2011

^Yup Wink
---------------
Season 5

Hello again,

I know it's been a few weeks since I've updated you, but we've been really busy in the office. We're having some financial problems and stuff, which means more work for me. We were hoping the attendance boost from Rotor would continue, but we're seeing a slow decrease. Hopefully it'll turn back around.

[Image: Chwbn.jpg]
This was what the midway looked like a month ago, just after my last update.

[Image: Go6MR.jpg]
Rotor is still doing well, but it's not quite bringing the crowds in as much...

[Image: zYUrt.jpg]
Inverter was our most-ridden ride last year, but now the lines are shorter than they should be.

[Image: XACTz.jpg]
This isn't the first time recently that I've seen no line for Hill Runner!

[Image: xGr24.jpg]
Could it be because of bad press from Tree Gliders?

This is pretty worrying for me as CFO. I'm doing my best, but I can't control everything. The problem is, our finances were already in trouble from the back to back additions of Hill Runner and Inverter. We were hoping that Rotor could turn it around, and it did - for a while. Hopefully we'll see this turn around. It seems as if we've spoiled our guests with big additions. Unfortunately, we just can't afford anything like that right now. I guess I'll be getting back to work.

Jean Lemon

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - DiarugaCoasters - Jun 16, 2011

Still love the park Smile and still probably won't be able to open it even with the new download.. Frown

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Talismenf22 - Jun 18, 2011

so where did you get the station gates from

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - gci2011 - Jun 20, 2011

DiarugaCoasters: Thanks, and sorry again about the file. It's a big one, even my computer has trouble opening it sometimes.

Talismenf22: I believe they're from Baffie's Stations
-----------------

Hello again,

Just another day in the park today. We're still down in attendance, but back up a little. I guess that's summer crowds for you. We've really been all over the place this year, and hopefully we can straighten out soon.

[Image: k8sYc.jpg]
The area around Rotor is still doing pretty well.

[Image: 8ePQ0.jpg]
The Town Square area is always fairly busy.

[Image: XBuMK.jpg]
Rotor's kind of crammed right in the middle of the park.

[Image: CjlHq.jpg]
Unfortunately, not all areas of the park are doing as well.

[Image: l15sL.jpg]
Hopefully we'll see a turnaround soon.

Jean Lemon

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Talismenf22 - Jun 20, 2011

Nice i think i see a buy out comeing

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - DutchBros - Jun 20, 2011

will they close down or more money for the areas who are not doing well

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - gci2011 - Jun 21, 2011

^^You might be right...

^I don't know yet - we'll find out.

--------------------
Season 5

Hello friends,

We're not doing much better than last time, but we haven't gotten worse either. Attendance has leveled out, but our financial situation is not good. We're in some serious debt from the big additions a few years ago, and we're a bit worried about next year. Will we be able to add anything for next season? I don't know yet...

[Image: N7g2r.jpg]
Our High Street isn't doing too bad - the restaurants are a pretty steady source of income.

[Image: p1cG1.jpg]
Ridership is down almost across the board, though.

[Image: SSNvl.jpg]
Our midways have almost never looked this empty.

[Image: xTvL2.jpg]
Apparently guests don't care so much about the nice scenery...

[Image: gHM4H.jpg]
I'll try to get one more update out before the end of the season.

Jean Lemon

-----------------------
Season 5

Hello again,

Today was the last day of our 5th season. This year has really been kind of crazy - it started out good, but quickly went south. I can only hope that next year will be better for us...

[Image: 3T0mG.jpg]
It was raining heavily all day today.

[Image: eicun.jpg]
Frankly, I was surprised to see so many people in the park on such a rainy day.

[Image: rhsGy.jpg]
Most of the rides were running anyway, fortunately.

[Image: taYxs.jpg]
I grabbed one last ride on Hill Runner for the year - it's my favorite.

[Image: sPvqV.jpg]
It wasn't long before I had to head back to the office, though.

[Image: thqTq.jpg]
Hopefully next year will be better than the last.

Jean Lemon

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - DutchBros - Jun 22, 2011

will next season be the last post

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - gci2011 - Jun 27, 2011

^Hopefully not Wink
--------------------------------
Announcement

Quote:Newport, RI - For their sixth season, local amusement park Newport Pleasure Gardens will not be adding any new attractions. This news comes after recent news of financial troubles for the park. When asked for a comment on the park's stability, we received this statement in reply: "Newport Pleasure Gardens continues to try to improve our guest experience. At this time, it is not financially possible for us to continue to add attractions if we are to remain successful in the future. It is in our best interest that we have decided not to make another large expenditure, and we instead encourage our guests to enjoy our countless other attractions." The park has suffered from financial problems following the two large additions of the Mine Town and Town Square themed areas, and last year's addition of the Rotor thrill ride. Attendance has not increased as expected, according to the park, and these two factors have caused problems for the park. On behalf of myself and all staff members of the Newport Chronicle, I encourage you to support the park with a visit this summer. The park will open on May 7 for their sixth season.

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Talismenf22 - Jun 27, 2011

I cant wait untill the next update the 80s where the years of buy outs and major upgrades cant wait to see whats next