RCTgo Forums
Newport Pleasure Gardens - Contest Begins (9-12-11) - Printable Version

+- RCTgo Forums (https://forums.rctgo.com)
+-- Forum: The Games (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: RollerCoaster Tycoon Exchange (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-14.html)
+---- Forum: Parks (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-34.html)
+---- Thread: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Contest Begins (9-12-11) (/thread-5239.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - gci2011 - Jun 28, 2011

^Thanks, me neither!
-----------------
Season 6

Hello again!

Welcome back for our sixth season! We're hoping this one is better than the last. I assume you saw the newspaper article that we were featured in, and we appreciate your support. I will say that we have made a few changes this year. You can see them below:

[Image: bfmCB.jpg]
Welcome back!

[Image: sVC16.jpg]
We did a bit of renovation work to the playground for this season.

[Image: PHRDy.jpg]
We laid down some blacktop and added a few shades. I think it looks quite nice!

[Image: aAK11.jpg]
Attendance still isn't quite what it should be, but it's only opening day...

[Image: WvM0i.jpg]
What a wonderful view!

While we're still having some financial problems, I'm determined to be optimistic. I'll be back soon with more pictures!

Jean Lemon

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - gci2011 - Jun 29, 2011

-------------------
Season 6

Hey guys,

I'm really sorry for not updating you sooner, I've been really busy over the last month. Now it's almost July, and our situation isn't much better. What's worse, our CEO Robert Clarke has fallen seriously ill. He's getting up there in years, but we weren't expecting this. This kind of a curveball was the last thing we needed right now. And that's why I've been too busy to update all of you - dealing with all of this.

[Image: 5L0TC.jpg]
Attendance has pretty much leveled out; at least it hasn't decreased though.

[Image: ykMGU.jpg]
Some rides, like Rotor and our coasters, have long lines.

[Image: 4GCfo.jpg]
Other areas aren't nearly as busy. It's the same story every time.

[Image: 8ed5J.jpg]
On the bright side, it's more rides for me!

Jean Lemon

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Talismenf22 - Jun 29, 2011

so if the park goes broke what happins to Jean

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - gci2011 - Jun 30, 2011

^I'm not sure what she'll do. We'll have to wait and see what she decides.
-----------------------
Season 6

Hello,

Mr. Clarke's situation isn't any better - he's gotten worse. We were expecting a full recovery from his illness, but he took a sudden downturn last week. Things don't look good for him or the park. We need his leadership right now. What will we do?

[Image: B6roY.jpg]
The park isn't doing as badly as it was, which is good.

[Image: I4Zyu.jpg]
What we really need is something to draw in the crowds like we used to.

[Image: wccJX.jpg]
The playground renovations were very well received, which is a good sign.

[Image: U5rWU.jpg]
It started to rain towards the end of the day. I hope we'll see bright days ahead!

Jean Lemon

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Death? pg. 13 (7-1-11) - gci2011 - Jul 2, 2011

Quote:Amusement park CEO Robert Clarke dies
Newport, RI - Local amusement park CEO Robert Clarke has passed away this morning. Robert Clarke served as founder of local amusement park Newport Pleasure Gardens, and formerly served as Public Relations Manager for Colorado's Boulder Leisure Park. Clarke was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer last autumn, and had become increasingly ill over the last several weeks.
The park has not yet released an official statement regarding Clarke's death. As to Clarke's successor, current CFO and acting CEO during Clarke's illness Jean Lemon is poised to take his position for next season. The park continues to see financial difficulties due to large expansion problems and lackluster attendance. Lemon is expected to make a public statement regarding this change in power soon. Additionally, a memorial service has been scheduled for next weekend, and will be located at the Newport Pleasure Gardens picnic courtyard. Visitors are welcome to attend free of charge.

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Death? pg. 13 (7-1-11) - DutchBros - Jul 3, 2011

thats a bummer for the Ceo Of the park i am sure the park will be Ok

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Death? pg. 13 (7-1-11) - gci2011 - Jul 4, 2011

Thank you for all comments and kind words for Mr. Clarke!
-----------------
[Image: GXYG2.jpg]
Quote:Newport Pleasure Gardens for sale
Newport, RI - In a shocking turn of events, local amusement park has been put up for sale. The park has been suffering from increasing financial woes and CEO Robert Clarke passed away last week. Acting CEO Jean Lemon had this to say about the decision: "We deeply care about our guests, and feel that it is in the best interest of the park and the community if we allow the park to transfer hands. Our current team of directors and investors is unable to secure further funding for the park, and we hope that new ownership can change that." Jean Lemon was intended to fill Clarke's position as CEO of the company. It is unclear if she will remain involved with the park. As of yet, there have been no offers for the park. It will close at the end of the season if a buyer is not found. At that point, all park assets will be liquidated and rides will be auctioned off for sale individually. Will the park manage to survive? We will be following the story closely for you.

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Death? pg. 13 (7-1-11) - DiarugaCoasters - Jul 4, 2011

...I hope the park lives...

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Death? pg. 13 (7-1-11) - Drew_ - Jul 4, 2011

R.I.P Mr. Clarke! We will miss you! Great twist, I was shocked about it. I hope Jean does a good job.

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Death? pg. 13 (7-1-11) - gci2011 - Jul 5, 2011

DiarugaCoasters: Me too...
Master_RCT3: Thanks!
---------------------
Season 6

Hello,

I'm in a hurry today, dealing with everything we're going through. We've had no offers yet, but we've still got time. It's only August - we've got more than a month. Simply put, I'd love to keep the park in our control, but at this time, I'm simply not able to fill the position of CEO. It's in the park's best interest to let someone else do what they can - we've done our best.

[Image: n8hyy.jpg]
The park is practically a ghost town due to all this bad press.

[Image: uzwSK.jpg]
How could so much go wrong in one year?

[Image: CMmRi.jpg]
I hope we find a buyer soon...

Jean Lemon
-----------------
Season 6

Hello,

Unfortunately, this is my last update. The park closes on Saturday, and I've only got a week to clean out my office. We've had no offers, and it looks like this is the end for Newport Pleasure Gardens. We've already begun packing up some of the less popular rides - I saw them removing some of the cars from the Autobahn this morning. Thank you to all who have visited the park, we've come a long way in 6 years, and we couldn't have done it without you.

[Image: GmGA0.jpg]
I took a break from the office today to talk to some of our guests.

[Image: VHeoW.jpg]
"I've been coming here every year since it opened," said Norman Wells, a local coaster enthusiast.

[Image: atIG9.jpg]
"I had hoped to bring my kids here someday," said Patricia Perkins, just married.

[Image: B8XDG.jpg]
"Inverter is my favorite roller coaster," said Joshua Towns, 9.

[Image: PEHYT.jpg]
"We'll miss you, Newport Pleasure Gardens!" - Tom Baker, father of 3.

It really breaks my heart to see the end of the park.

Jean Lemon