RCTgo Forums
Newport Pleasure Gardens - Contest Begins (9-12-11) - Printable Version

+- RCTgo Forums (https://forums.rctgo.com)
+-- Forum: The Games (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: RollerCoaster Tycoon Exchange (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-14.html)
+---- Forum: Parks (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-34.html)
+---- Thread: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Contest Begins (9-12-11) (/thread-5239.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Season 8 Announcement, pg. 15 (7-25-11) - zach_gamer77 - Jul 27, 2011

OK.
I still have to find all the CS though Frown

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Season 8 Announcement, pg. 15 (7-25-11) - aelf - Jul 28, 2011

Simply gorgeous. Nice work!

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Season 8 Announcement, pg. 15 (7-25-11) - gci2011 - Jul 28, 2011

zach_gamer77: I know, it's a lot. PM me if you have a specific set you need.

aelf: Thanks!
-------------------------
Season 8

Hey!

We had some special guests at the park today - that's right, Aerosmith! They arrived early today to spend a full day at the park and perform at the Clarke Memorial theatre. We were extremely honored, and made sure they had a great time. Sure enough, guests came from all around New England to see Aerosmith, and we saw our highest-ever attendance figures for a single day! We're on the right track for success!

[Image: eQcf7.jpg]
The band started out with a ride on Monstrum, with front-of-the line access. We were sure to set up a special VIP tour just for them.

[Image: GXmEX.jpg]
Like me, Inverter was their favorite coaster of the day.

[Image: BnaC1.jpg]
They enjoyed several of our other rides, including Thunder River.

[Image: UK9vw.jpg]
So far, Thunder River has turned out to be a huge success!

[Image: 2XgiQ.jpg]
The concert started at 8:30, but the theatre was filled by 8. We had just enough room!

[Image: a40HD.jpg]
I talked to a few people after the show, and everybody had good things to say. Not only did they love Aerosmith, but everyone seemed to love the park!

It was a great day all around for Newport Pleasure Gardens!

-Jay Jones
------------------------

Hey guys,

Last day of the season here at NPG, and the park was packed. We've had visitors from all over this season; I even met one couple all the way from Texas! We've really put ourselves on the map with Thunder River, the Aerosmith concert, and our continued high standard of quality. We're really proud of our work, but we wouldn't be where we are today without visitors like you, so thank you!

[Image: 5Te0Y.jpg]
Like I said, it was really crowded today.

[Image: WujSR.jpg]
Thunder River was actually our third most-ridden ride in the park this season, after Inverter and Monstrum!

[Image: d8LaS.jpg]
We've got great feedback from guests about the ride.

[Image: 21Hmv.jpg]
It's one of my personal favorites too.

[Image: uyCMz.jpg]
All of our rides will soon go into hibernation mode until next spring.

[Image: 9le7W.jpg]
But not before one last ride!

[Image: B1wF7.jpg]
We'll see everybody next year!

Have a great winter, and be sure to stop in again next season!

-Jay Jones

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Season 8 Announcement, pg. 15 (7-25-11) - gci2011 - Aug 1, 2011

---------------------
Announcement

Quote:[Image: hOcTk.jpg]

Newport, RI - Local amusement park Newport Pleasure Gardens plans to expand even further next year, with the addition of three new thrilling rides in a new area. This new area, called "Mine Trail" will unify Mine Town and the similarly themed Crawfish Island River Excursion (CIRE) water ride into one loop. Additions have been made to CIRE, including guest-controlled water jets to spray riders as they traverse the course. The new Mine Trail will feature a unique wilderness atmosphere, a new full-service restaurant, and additional restroom facilities. New rides being added to the area include Whirlwind, a Huss Enterprise model, Looping Starship by Intamin AG, and Wipeout, a spinning attraction by Chance-Morgan. All three new rides and the Mine Trail will debut when the park opens in May.

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Announcing "Mine Trail", pg. 16 (8-1-11) - DiarugaCoasters - Aug 1, 2011

Nice work with the park, always love new stuff!!!

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Announcing "Mine Trail", pg. 16 (8-1-11) - DutchBros - Aug 1, 2011

This is exciting can't wait to futher details

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Announcing "Mine Trail", pg. 16 (8-1-11) - Talismenf22 - Aug 2, 2011

Man i cant wait to see what the new section is about!!!!
(bump)

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Announcing "Mine Trail", pg. 16 (8-1-11) - gci2011 - Aug 2, 2011

Thanks guys!

Sorry for the late update - should be back to normal times next week.
-----------------------
Season 9

Hey guys,

It's our ninth season here, and we're pleased to open Mine Trail, the other half of Season 2's Mine Town. This was originally supposed to open back in Season 5, but due to financial problems, the plans were scrapped and Rotor was brought in instead. We decided to revive the plans for this season. We hit a few financial snags ourselves, and for that reason Mine Trail is a little "unfinished". Don't worry though, everything has been worked out, and what hasn't made it for this season will be ready by next.

[Image: eDlNS.jpg]
I took this shot just before the park opened today. The completed Mine Town looks nice; the "Mine Trail" addition is technically just a continuation.

[Image: zkt0f.jpg]
The park was quite busy this morning.

[Image: beEQP.jpg]
Many guests left a little early as it started to rain around midday.

[Image: 9zHHS.jpg]
We can't forget about Thunder River!

[Image: yVLMc.jpg]
Guests seem to love all our rides; new and old.

More soon!

-Jay Jones
--------------------
Season 9

Hey guys - just another fun day at the park today! We're trying to focus on the positive side of things at the park right now, as unfortunately we'll have to make a sadder announcement next month. You'll find out soon enough. For now, enjoy these pictures!

[Image: 2t87G.jpg]
Welcome back to another bright day at NPG!

[Image: TsgZq.jpg]
We mentioned some new features on CIRE; those would be these water jets. The ones in the back are automatic, but the four in front are user-controlled! Just pop in a coin and you can soak your friends!

[Image: TUwLB.jpg]
I headed back to Mine Trail just as it was starting to sprinkle.

[Image: 9EotM.jpg]
Looping Starship sure looks popular!

[Image: 5NbMX.jpg]
Our younger guests love the excitement of Wipeout!

-Jay Jones

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Announcing "Mine Trail", pg. 16 (8-1-11) - DutchBros - Aug 4, 2011

What is the sadder annoucement

RE: Newport Pleasure Gardens - Announcing "Mine Trail", pg. 16 (8-1-11) - gci2011 - Aug 4, 2011

^See below...
-----------------------
Season 9

Hello guys,

Now that the end of the season has arrived, I must regrettably announce the removal of one of our attractions. With that said, Hill Runner will not be returning next year. As much as we hate to see it go, we at the park believe it is a good decision for our future and the continued satisfaction of our guests. Opening next year in its place is another attraction that will not disappoint, and that will be announced soon!

[Image: Qyhjs.jpg]
Besides this announcement, it was a fairly normal (and busy!) day at the park.

[Image: jmiDU.jpg]
Once again, our additions were a big success!

[Image: 8MwP9.jpg]
Hill Runner has been suffering from low ridership over the last few years.

[Image: lOT0n.jpg]
Some of the trees around the ride have already been removed.

[Image: FqWmn.jpg]
This view will look drastically different next year!

Have a great off-season, and we'll see you next year!

-Jay Jones