RCTgo Forums
Burned out? - Printable Version

+- RCTgo Forums (https://forums.rctgo.com)
+-- Forum: The Games (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: RollerCoaster Tycoon Discussion (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Burned out? (/thread-2664.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE:  Poll: Burned out? - RCS2K4 - Jan 13, 2006

tikitiki Wrote:the-number-one-absolute-thing-i-hate-about-rct3-is-the-LAG. That is the absolute only reason I dont play as much as I wish Frown
I feel your pain buddy..... Group hug!

But seriousley, the lag is an issue for me too...

RE: Poll: Burned out? - Belloman - Jan 13, 2006

I'm really happy with how my new computer, this computer, plays RCT3. I had so much lag on my old computer, which is like 4 years old, that I did stop playing RCT3 because of that. To load Belloman's Beachside Estates, it took more than 10 minutes. Luckily, that isn't the case on this computer, RCT3 runs smoothly for me. The same park that used to take more than 10 minutes to load takes probably around 1 minute to load. And by the way, that park is filled with tons of stuff - several trees, lots of landscaping, and the automatic settings for visual quality in RCT3 is Quality.

I think I'm going to play RCT3 more often. Specs of my computer:

Dell Dimension E510 Award Winning PC
Hard Drive: 80GB
RAM: 1GB
Operating System: Windows XP Media Center Edition
Video Card: 128MB PCI Expressâ„¢ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X300 SE HyperMemory
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.0 GHz

I agree though, the worst part about RCT3 is the lag. But if you have a quality computer, the lag isn't too bothersome. It isn't much of an issue to me.

Sorry that lag is bad on your computers Frown

- Belloman

RE: Poll: Burned out? - Ryan Gordon - Jan 13, 2006

If my parents would actually get me a good computer.....

hmph

RE: Poll: Burned out? - G-Force Junkie - Jan 14, 2006

Mines half descent so i dont really have to much of a problem...
E Machines Model570
Hard Drive: 80GB
RAM: 1GB
Operating System: Windows XP
Video Card: 256mb AGP ATI Radeon 9600 pro
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.4 GHz

RE: Poll: Burned out? - honorman - Apr 3, 2006

i have a 3ghz pentium dual core, 2gb of ram, 256mb geforce 6800gt and it still is horribly horribly laggy when it is nighttime. it's totally ridiculous. it's not even playable at night. i dont even know why they bothered putting it in the game. it seems like you have to have like a $10,000 system to actually be able to use it.

meanwhile i can play demanding games like battlefield 2 with the graphics all the way up and it runs smooth as butter.

RE:  Poll: Burned out? - Beelitz - Apr 3, 2006

honorman Wrote:i have a 3ghz pentium dual core, 2gb of ram, 256mb geforce 6800gt and it still is horribly horribly laggy when it is nighttime. it's totally ridiculous. it's not even playable at night. i dont even know why they bothered putting it in the game. it seems like you have to have like a $10,000 system to actually be able to use it.

meanwhile i can play demanding games like battlefield 2 with the graphics all the way up and it runs smooth as butter.

do you have wild?

RE: Poll: Burned out? - Julian141 - Apr 4, 2006

I find that not only the loading time on my computer takes ages, I've started building my park on scenerio builder, but that meens theres no way of loading my park with out opening a new scenerio first. If any one knows how to cut some corners so I can go straight to the park it would be cool.

RE: Poll: Burned out? - Beelitz - Apr 4, 2006

Julian141 and honorman

check out this link for some answers:
http://forums.rct3x.net/showthread.php?s=dbed1&tid=1426

RE: Poll: Burned out? - Julian141 - Apr 4, 2006

Cool, thanks for the answer Beelitz.

RE: Poll: Burned out? - G-Force Junkie - Apr 5, 2006

To counter the night-time issue, i usually adjust the opening times of the park, say 8-9am till 6pm.Night-time is lovely, but lets face it, its no good when you get a frame rate of 2....also, dont have mega massive areas of water, that dont help.....and turn reflections off, they decrease the FPS rate also.