RCTgo Forums
Meteor Valley - Restarting - Printable Version

+- RCTgo Forums (https://forums.rctgo.com)
+-- Forum: The Games (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: RollerCoaster Tycoon Exchange (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-14.html)
+---- Forum: Parks (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-34.html)
+---- Thread: Meteor Valley - Restarting (/thread-3357.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Meteor Valley - New crazy idea! - Nuclear Fish - Jul 9, 2006

Actually I need to do a bit more of the car park first... I'll start it later!

RE: Meteor Valley - New crazy idea! - DrMonkey - Jul 9, 2006

Quote:A golf course!

Yes, that's right, a golf course. 18 holes, complete with bunkers, greens, fairways, flags, water hazards, tees, driving range, golf pavillion and probably another (but smaller) car park for it. I know it may be completely pointless making a golf course when I need to get the main park done, but hey, I need to do something whilst I wait for Spaceworx to be realeased and I've always wanted to design my own golf course anyway...

Can someone help Grandad get his pension book and bus pass, he wants to build a golf course. I can't wait to see how you pull this one off!

RE: Meteor Valley - New crazy idea! - G-Force Junkie - Jul 9, 2006

This should be good.

RE: Meteor Valley - More screenshots of the car park - Nuclear Fish - Jul 9, 2006

I've tried making the golf course and it's a little hard... I think I'll actually build it somewhere else. Looks a bit weird next to the car park... And making the greens is really difficult. I've read on the Atari Forums someone's making some curved paths, so maybe it'll be easier when they are released... I will try again though! Just not yet...

Anyway, here's some more screenshots of the car park so far:

[Image: 1zeuvj4.jpg]

[Image: 1zeuwet.jpg]

^ I tried driving the buggy (the James Hunt cheat) round thecar park and it's actually quite fun! I kept crashing into the cars though...

RE:   Meteor Valley - New crazy idea! - Gamesonline - Jul 9, 2006

Nuclear Fish Wrote:A golf course!
Wow did not see tht coming. What about a swimming pool. Love the new screenshots.

RE:    Meteor Valley - New crazy idea! - Nuclear Fish - Jul 9, 2006

gamesonline Wrote:
Nuclear Fish Wrote:A golf course!
Wow did not see tht coming. What about a swimming pool. Love the new screenshots.

Oh yes, there will definately be a swimming pool. Probably next to the hotel... I also thought of making a full size F1 racing track outside the park but then I thought that it might be a little hard to do... Although there will be a racing themed area within the park, with two launched coasters and a huge go-kart track Smile

RE: Meteor Valley - Cosmic Explosion station complete - Nuclear Fish - Jul 10, 2006

Sorry to double post, but I have yet another update! I've done the station for the inverted oaster! Before only the outside looked good and the inside was just a boring black tunnel, but now I've made it look much more realistic...

[Image: 1zgw0i0.jpg]

^ The outside of the station...

[Image: 1zgw2kg.jpg]

^ The start of the entrance queue, which is actually only four tiles long, but that doesn't matter cause most of the peeps don't even stand in the queues...

[Image: 1zgw6c5.jpg]

[Image: 1zgw9av.jpg]

^ The inside, showing thge numbered gates to make it look more realistic (the top pic was taken before I added the roof, and I'm thinking I'm changing the theme of the entrance and exit to make it look a little more spacey)

[Image: 1zgwydz.jpg]

^ Finally here's a view of a sign inside the station, similar to those you'd expect to see on a coaster...

More to come soon!

RE: Meteor Valley - Cosmic Explosion station complete - Goober - Jul 10, 2006

Simply beautiful and imaginitive. I must find out where you get the mods for neon and so forth. This park looks amazing, and is one of the first I've seen that looks better at night. Not that it doesn't look fantastic during the day. I noticed something odd in your car park shots though, the one with the slanted road...wierd how the center line casts a shadow... but hey, that's just nitpicky and probably more a limitation of game then anything you can help. Great work, and I cant' wait t see more.

RE:  Meteor Valley - Cosmic Explosion station complete - Nuclear Fish - Jul 10, 2006

Goober Wrote:I noticed something odd in your car park shots though, the one with the slanted road...wierd how the center line casts a shadow... but hey, that's just nitpicky and probably more a limitation of game then anything you can help.

That was something which really annoyed me too, but since that photo I've re-paved the car park (see the last two photos of it) with Shyguy's carpet peices which means that there aren't any shadows anymore.

RE: Meteor Valley - Cosmic Explosion station complete - Shaun Allsop - Jul 10, 2006

The station looks fantasic.

Greatly detailed and great use of sceanery.

Cant wait for the next update