RCTgo Forums
Do you use custom scenery in your parks? - Printable Version

+- RCTgo Forums (https://forums.rctgo.com)
+-- Forum: The Games (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: RollerCoaster Tycoon Discussion (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Do you use custom scenery in your parks? (/thread-165.html)

Pages: 1 2

Do you use custom scenery in your parks? - Chickenselects - Jan 22, 2006

I wanted to take a poll and see what the members of Rctgo think.

I.Do you use custom scenery in your parks?
II.Why or why not?
III.Would you consider using/not using custom scenery in your parks? Why or why not?

Yes, I do use custom scenery in my parks.
I use it because it adds alot more options scenery wise and looks really nice.
I would not consider not using custom scenery in my parks, but I do release to versions of the park one with and without custom scenery. The reason I would not consider it is beacuse i've become trained to use it and it would be difficult to stop.

What do you think?

RE: Do you use custom scenery in your parks? - Justin - Jan 23, 2006

I have used it before, but I probably will cease using it now. It obviously would cause incompability issues, someone would have to have the custom scenery to actually see it. I've used it before, but not on anything I would ever release Wink I do agree that it does add a lot more choices of scenery to put in parks, but I just don't like messing with RCT3 Smile

RE: Do you use custom scenery in your parks? - DraytonMonkey - Jan 29, 2006

No as when I make a park I want it to appeal to a large audience not just a small one that has downloaded the same sets as me. I generally don't use it but I use the custom billboards function for little things like signs as most Wild players do.

I think that it slowed my machine down so much and Idon't eant to break RCT3 for that matterBiggrin

:dizzy:

RE: Do you use custom scenery in your parks? - Sevey13 - Feb 8, 2006

I agree with DraytonMonkey. When I make a park, I want anyone with the basic expansions to be able to download and explore them. There is nothing more frustrating than finding a great park on the internet, then finding out that there are about 10 scenery packs I have to track down, so I don't even bother. When I start working on some scenery for some of my upcoming parks, however, things may change...

RE: Do you use custom scenery in your parks? - Chickenselects - Feb 8, 2006

I think custom scenery adds more options, but most people at fansites like Rct3 beat etc. Don't use them for some reason, I think that custom scenery is somtimes a burden with all these sets out. But I will use it jsut because to me I can't seem to build a great park without it.Devil

RE: Do you use custom scenery in your parks? - Sevey13 - Feb 9, 2006

Which one do you use most often?

RE: Do you use custom scenery in your parks? - Chickenselects - Feb 9, 2006

The arches, they are verry versitile. I love that they have the ability to blend in with other scenery.

RE: Do you use custom scenery in your parks? - Sevey13 - Feb 9, 2006

The one I hear the most about is the "BLOX" set, along with the Dark Ride set.

RE: Do you use custom scenery in your parks? - Chickenselects - Feb 11, 2006

Those are good, but the most used has to be the support set. Those are verry cool. All though, I personally don't use them much.

RE: Do you use custom scenery in your parks? - Sevey13 - Feb 12, 2006

I find that the ones included in the game tend to do a pretty good job. They can be pretty versitile at times, but there are other times when I think, "Man...I wish we had ____ piece of scenery."