RCTgo Forums
Theme Park Studio, download, install, play etc. - Printable Version

+- RCTgo Forums (https://forums.rctgo.com)
+-- Forum: The Games (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: More Theme Park Games (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-133.html)
+---- Forum: Theme Park Studio Discussion (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-132.html)
+---- Thread: Theme Park Studio, download, install, play etc. (/thread-18309.html)

Theme Park Studio, download, install, play etc. - aecrouch2016 - Apr 5, 2014

I finally made the decision to purchase Theme Park Studio. You have to do a number of things before you can actually play the game. Early Access I think was around $30.00. Once you make the purchase you have to download the Steam software in order to play the game. (You won't be able to download Steam until you purchased the game). After you download the Steam software, then you download the game from the library (games) in your account. I am hoping when I have the game installed, I will be able to click on the steam link and press play on Theme Park Studio to go directly to the game. In the future I hope this game will be available for purchase on a cd so players don't have to connect to the internet in order to play. The downloading process on my Windows 7 computer has been slow and it is a newer computer with a good hardrive and memory. I am crossing my fingers that once everything is installed I will be able to play the game and give further feedback. I've been looking forward to playing this game. Smile I checked the status of the installation, 2 hours 46 minutes until the games will launch to play. That' why I would suggest to the developers of the game to create cd/dvd's so players don't have to use so much time downloading before playing the game. Still going to play after the download.

RE: Theme Park Studio, download, install, play etc. - Riiickerttt - Apr 5, 2014

It's nice that finally someone actually bought TPR Biggrin. I hope you like it. Looking forward for new feedback!

RE: Theme Park Studio, download, install, play etc. - rccoa coasters - Apr 5, 2014

Getting ready to buy phase 1 of TPS! SOOO READY BABY!

RE: Theme Park Studio, download, install, play etc. - aecrouch2016 - Apr 5, 2014

I started playing the game yesterday and today. (fyi: Adjusting the virtual memory on my computer, seemed to help make the game run better on my system (Windows 7 AMD Dual-Core Processor C60. With Turbo - Core Technology up to 1.333Ghz. Memory 2GB DDR3 Memory. Storage 520GB HDD) The early access version is no comparison at this time to Roller Coaster Tycoon (in my opinion) at this stage but has a lot of potential. I am still learning and I can tell there is going to be a "learning" curve if they do not change the user interface. If you are familiar with basic 3d modeling software such as blender or have worked with NoLimits you should (within time and patience) pick up this game. At this stage I would say the game is more like the "Sandbox" mode in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. There are tools in the game that aren't activated yet because they are still in the developmental stages. I didn't play Roller Coaster 1 or 2 so I don't know how the game changed over the years. I think it would be good for people to continue to give feed back to Theme Park Studio. I will post more updates and screenshots as I learn more through tutorials on line. I think its a great opportunity to see a game develop.

RE: Theme Park Studio, download, install, play etc. - rccoa coasters - Apr 5, 2014

I Tried the game today and it's amazing! But in this phase of development it's practically useless. So I would wait tell all the phases are released and then get the game. Smile

RCCOA Coasters Wink

RE: Theme Park Studio, download, install, play etc. - sommerman1 - Apr 5, 2014

If I purchase this game while still in beta/ alpha do I still have to buy the game when the whole version comes out? If I go and purchase this game right now on steam, do I need to pay again when everything is done?

RE: Theme Park Studio, download, install, play etc. - aecrouch2016 - Apr 6, 2014

sommerman1....I'm trying to find out if I'll need to purchase another version once the TPS software is complete. roccoa coasters was right when said "this phase of development it's practailly useless." (there isn't really a lot of things like you can do yet) In some ways I wish I had saved my $30.00 until the full version came out. But I was curious so I got it early. For you it sounds like I would wait until the full release, but I don't know or how much it would be. It's fun working with a new software, but can be a headache sometimes when its this early in the "game" (sorry, couldn't resist the pun Smile If there is an upgrade in the future, I will be upgrading the game. But when I don't know. I'll keep updating as I know more.