RCTgo Forums
RCT3 Cobra Rolls - how do you make one? - Printable Version

+- RCTgo Forums (https://forums.rctgo.com)
+-- Forum: The Games (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: RollerCoaster Tycoon Discussion (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: RCT3 Cobra Rolls - how do you make one? (/thread-19427.html)

Cobra Rolls - how do you make one? - aecrouch2016 - Aug 14, 2014

I've looked on youtube for a good tutorial on how to make a cobra roll. I found 1 but it was too fast. I tried Silvarrets site but wasn't sure how to find it if he had one. I did a search specifically for him for this.
If there is not a video out there for this, would someone please make one. Thanks in advance. Smile

RE: Cobra Rolls - how do you make one? - Cheleste - Aug 14, 2014

Combiend two "Side-Winders" and you become a "Cobra-Roll" Tongue

Aside of that, whats exactly is the problem? How to support it correcty/realistic?
Or which Inversion you should combiend to become a good/realistic looking "Cobra-Roll"?

Some Hints:
- big "Cobra-Roll"s are be build with Large-Half-Loop + Large Corkscrew
the direction of the large half-loop doesn't really matter, it can be left2right or right2left but NOT right2right and left2left (hope you know what i mean)

- small "Cobra-Roll"s be build with Half-Loop + small or large Corkscrews (both of the works)

Silvarret uses on his tutorial video the Half-Loop + large Corkscrew.

If you wish some screenshots as an example, i could made it for you.

Lg Cheleste

RE: Cobra Rolls - how do you make one? - SUPER MOOSE93 - Aug 14, 2014

take a half loop, then add a corkscrew in the direction you want the roll to go, then add an opposite corkscrew (so the next half loop is on the same side as the first), then add another half loop to end the roll.

using large half loops and large corkscrews is the best looking way. you can use small half loops and small corkscrews but it looks short and fat

RE: Cobra Rolls - how do you make one? - Cheleste - Aug 15, 2014

I had some time and i play around with RCT3.
I'm not a good tutorial makerin, so i can only post screens Smile

I build two different Cobra-Roll's with custom supports. Only the large versions.
The small version has one differents, it has less supports, because its way smaller and it needs less.
As an better example i create the colors like there counterparts in real.

For this, i used "Kraken" an B&M Floorless and "Alpengeist" an B&M Inverter.
Remember, for the Inverted coasters we didn't have Connectors so i played massively around with "CPcisco'sSteel Chaos (MSJ Addons)" and "Moby's SteelJungle v1"

Used CSO's:
--------------

"CoasterJoesB&M Connectors" -> for the Floorless
"CPcisco'sSteel Chaos (MSJ Addons)" -> most for the Inverted Supports
"Moby's Steel Jungle v1" -> for both
CPciscosB&M Footers -> for both

I made/wrote a mistake in my previews post!
Cobra-Roll's looks only good if you build the Large Half-Loop to the outside direction on both sides and between the Large Corkscrew.

Let's begin with "Kraken" Floorless:

real version

RCT3 version

now "Alpengeist" Inverter:

real version

RCT3 version

As you can see, the real ones have way more supports, but with the limitation of the connectors i couldn't build all of the real supports. Another problem was, that the half-loops have an direction in it so we cant place an connector on every position that the counterpart in real has.
Okay we could place one but than the connector glitches on the track and that looks ugly.

I think there are some other ways to support them, maybe less realistic but maybe a bit nicer.
But i want to build as realistic as possible with every CSO we have, so thats the result.

I hope these pics have halfway good quality and help you out.
If someone wants to made a Tutorial, feel free to use my pics for it.
Maybe i made an tutorial for every Inversion that we can build.

If you want pictures from an small Cobra-Roll, too. Let me know, than i'll update this post. Smile

Lg Cheleste

RE: Cobra Rolls - how do you make one? - Blu - Aug 15, 2014

I can only think of two things to get a closer match is to use the B&M Track Retexture and to Photoshop the colors to get a better match (but that's really impracticle).

http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=733

Be sure to read the installation guide.

RE: Cobra Rolls - how do you make one? - Cheleste - Aug 15, 2014

@Blu:

First, this should be only a help, so i don't know why i should use a Re-Texture for the track?!
I could colored the track red/white and blue/white or in any other color.

I choosed real counterparts to show "aecrouch7413" that in reallife the coasters have "more" supports than we can build in RCT3.
Because we've got an unfinished set of connectors.
And with the same colors, its maybe easier to see which supports we can build in RCT3 and which we cant build.

Secondly, normally i would use Photoshop to become better looking photos, but this isn't a offical tutorial and in my timezone it was 5 o'clock in the morning as i create these and 6 o'clock when i post it here. Smile
And i only build these things for "aecrouch7413" as an better help/understanding.

So pls forgive me that this isn't perfect Tongue

BtW, thx for the link, but i've got the Re-Texture. But i dont use it often. Wink

Lg Cheleste

PS:
Blu, feel free to create a offical tutorial for it, you can use my pictures, made them better looking with photoshop. You did a good tutorial for "how to support a lifthill".
You have the talent for tutorials Biggrin

RE: Cobra Rolls - how do you make one? - aecrouch2016 - Aug 15, 2014

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. The information was helpful.