RCTgo Forums
Xtreme97 2013 Workbench help - Printable Version

+- RCTgo Forums (https://forums.rctgo.com)
+-- Forum: The Games (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: RollerCoaster Tycoon Discussion (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Xtreme97 2013 Workbench help (/thread-19462.html)

Xtreme97 2013 Workbench help - DarkRider - Aug 18, 2014

I cannot seem to figure out how to make roads using this workbench. Could some one give me a little direction please? Smile

RE: Xtreme97 2013 Workbench help - Cheleste - Aug 18, 2014

If you mean Roads/Streets to build an Highway and/or an Parkinglot than i have something for you.

I'm not a good tutorial maker, so i hope this little steps and screen are helpful.
Its an simple design, nothing special, only as an showcase how it works to teach you the basics.

Left Box: Pathes/Queues (with invisible ones)
Right Box: "Fake" Road and Path CSOs

Step 1:
Start via terrainpaint and add "blueprints" of your road/path or whatever you want to create as an overview and to know were your future path should be or even not.
(which terrain-paint you choose doesn't matter)

Step 2:
Digging out everything were your future Road/Path should be placed

Step 3:
Choose your road/path style. As you can see, i choosed the regular tarmac one to build a little street

Step 4:
After placeing the tarmac tiles into your digged out area, it should be like this.
As you can see the road/path tiles are the same height as the normal ground besides/around of it.
Thats why we digged it out the in the past.

Step 5:
Street/Roads needs some signs/symbols, right? Here we go.
Hold "Shift" to place the lines right above the street/road pathes

Step 6:
Some borders maybe are helpful for an street, to avoid cars to get off of it Wink

Finish:
Its only an simple street with only borders and lines.

Hope this short tutorial was helpful.

If you want to create curves with the diagonal parts of the set, than you need to work with the "8CarsTrainer" and the "ZeroClearances" function in it. Because the digonal pieces needs the space of one whole square. After digging out, you can place only one digonal piece there and we see a whole from the rest of the empty digonal part.
To avoid this you must digging it out only "half digonal" (Hope you know what i mean) to become a smooth transition to the other digged out squares and than

-> start "8CarsTrainer" -> Misc -> Zero All Clearances -> Absolute ->back togame and place the digonal part on it via shift-key.

In active "8CarsTrainer" Mod the Game looks glitchy because RCT2 isn't made for beeing hacks Wink, but dont worry about that, after an while working with the Trainer you learn to work with this glitchy things.
After placing the digonal part on the right part -> back to "8CarsTainer" -> Misc -> Restore Clearances -> back to RCT.
Everything should be look like normal and you have the digonal version of your "fake" street/road.

Sounds like a bit complicated in the first time, but maybe i cant teach it you the perfect way. Because i know the Trainer/Hacks for RTC2 but i used it not to much, infact of "error trappers" and coruppted safegame files.

If i made some mistakes here, feel free to correct me!

Lg Cheleste

PS: the same function you use if you want to place scenary over scenary (flowers/shrubs below a tree) or scenary closer to the track (custom supports in RCT2).

Its like the options.txt entries in RCT3. Zero Clearance = No Collissions.
But in RCT3 its easier to activate this. In RCT2 this goes only via "8CarsTrainer"

RE: Xtreme97 2013 Workbench help - DarkRider - Aug 18, 2014

Wow thanks man I fully get it and I saw those trainer things on ne I'm not going to work with them right yet but I will eventually. But anyways this was a great guide and I think you should just post it as a guide and try to have it stickied for anyone who uses this popular sandbox. Thanks for taking the time out to make it.