RCTgo Forums
2016 Roller Coasters Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- RCTgo Forums (https://forums.rctgo.com)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-19.html)
+--- Forum: All That (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-20.html)
+---- Forum: Coaster Discussion (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-99.html)
+---- Thread: 2016 Roller Coasters Discussion Thread (/thread-20869.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: 2016 Roller Coasters Discussion Thread - Rudy18 - Aug 7, 2015

I am a bit disappointed that the launch is an incline and only 45 mph but that is still better than a lifthill at least

RE: 2016 Roller Coasters Discussion Thread - Chimalion - Aug 13, 2015

Okay, I have taken thought into what could be possible, and completed my list of what I think the Six Flags parks will be getting in 2016! Please keep in mind that this is my opinion, and entirely speculations.

Six Flags Great Adventure - If you go straight back from the park entrance, you will find a big fenced off area! What I have been hearing most on the internet is that it will be an S&S Freespin roller coaster. S&S currently has 2 models. One model is the 6 inversion one, which is operating currently as SFFT as Batman: The Ride, and they also have the 10 inversion model. Because of how big the fenced off area is, it definitely looks more like the 10 inversion model rather than the 6 inversion one. One of the other rumors that I have heard for the park, which sounds quite interesting, is a B&M Wingrider coaster! X-Flight, the only B&M Wingrider in the Six Flags chain, from my perspective is a great ride because it is at my home park, which is 1 hour and 10 minutes away from me. But there are 2 wingrider styles. The other one I think would fit really well is something like X2! I photo shopped X2 from SFMM on Google Maps into the fenced off area, and I would really love that, but it would be partially over water :P

Six Flags America - Six Flags recently trademarked the name GaleForce 7 for Six Flags America, and IMO, it sounds perfect for a water ride! Plus, I saw a photo of a fenced off area at the park, and there was a big sign that said "Make way for a BIG SPLASH in 2016!" I do really feel like they need to amp up their water rides a bit, so it sounds cool for the park, something spectacular that we have never seen before on a water coaster Smile Or if not, maybe just a water slide.

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - They announced Roar's closure on August 16th. I really think they will be getting an RMC, and call it "Mega Roar", or something like that. We know that Cyclone got a major publicity boost when they turned it into Wicked Cyclone, so I hope for the same on Roar! But I'm not feeling Mega Roar would be something Six Flags would call it. Maybe something different probably, comment below what you think it could be called Biggrin

Justice League Dark Rides - I have heard rumors swirling that this ride will be heading to Six Flags Mexico and Six Flags Great America! It was a massive success at SFOT, and I also think that this could be the start of the Six Flags parks turning into more Theme Parks rather than generic Amusement Parks Happy

Six Flags Over Georgia - I've been hearing something at Hurricane Harbor will be added. That's the only thing I have heard, not many rumors coming for this park.

Six Flags New England - Since Wicked Cyclone opened last year, I've been hearing something about a flat ride, maybe a Larson Looper, which I think would be a good fit for the park!

*Please note that I missed a few parks, I will update sometime.

If you think there is something that I missed, or if you have a different opinion, just be sure to comment down below!

Regards,
-chimalion70005/Imagineer Josh

RE: 2016 Roller Coasters Discussion Thread - Drew_ - Aug 13, 2015

(Aug 7, 2015, 03:35 PM)rccoa coasters Wrote: ^ Best RMC yet hands down!
no.

(Aug 7, 2015, 03:40 PM)nathan8848 Wrote: The quadruple down looks amazing.
yes.

(Aug 7, 2015, 04:28 PM)Rudy18 Wrote: I am a bit disappointed that the launch is an incline and only 45 mph but that is still better than a lifthill at least
probably because thats as fast as it could go. its probably too much stress and force on the wood.
its going to have to be extremely highly maintained which makes me think itll be closed and under maintenance alot

RE: 2016 Roller Coasters Discussion Thread - rccoa coasters - Aug 14, 2015

^ What do you think their best is? Smile

RE: 2016 Roller Coasters Discussion Thread - jcgr997 - Aug 14, 2015

Coaster Medusa Acero Biggrin ^

RE: 2016 Roller Coasters Discussion Thread - Drew_ - Aug 15, 2015

(Aug 14, 2015, 05:54 PM)rccoa coasters Wrote: ^ What do you think their best is? Smile

outlaw run or wildfire which is being build right now

lightning rod is literally a weak launch, a couple of overbanks, quad down, couple more overbanks, and thats it

RE: 2016 Roller Coasters Discussion Thread - nathan8848 - Aug 15, 2015

The uneatable Dive Coaster announcement at Cedar Point that was due the 18th, is now pushed back TBA, due to the Raptor incident.

RE: 2016 Roller Coasters Discussion Thread - Chimalion - Aug 15, 2015

^Wow. The exact same problem with Batman 8 years ago, and now a week ago the same problem happened though on Batman Eek Frown Angry

What do you think? I'm excited!!! Biggrin

RE: 2016 Roller Coasters Discussion Thread - rccoa coasters - Aug 15, 2015

(Aug 15, 2015, 12:18 AM)Drew_ Wrote:
(Aug 14, 2015, 05:54 PM)rccoa coasters Wrote: ^ What do you think their best is? Smile

outlaw run or wildfire which is being build right now

lightning rod is literally a weak launch, a couple of overbanks, quad down, couple more overbanks, and thats it

I actually forgot about Wildfire! Now that one, is not weak by any means.

RE: 2016 Roller Coasters Discussion Thread - nathan8848 - Aug 15, 2015

I think SFGAm is teasing for the rumored name GaleForce 7 ride/attraction.