RCTgo Forums
Parkitect Adventureland - Printable Version

+- RCTgo Forums (https://forums.rctgo.com)
+-- Forum: The Games (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: More Theme Park Games (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Thread: Parkitect Adventureland (/thread-22729.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Adventureland - westcoasttropic - Jul 28, 2017

***Important***
I'm not sure how this works because I've never had to do this. But I have a thread for this park already that I just started. However, I had a problem with the image hosting site. Now, none of the pictures show anything. So I got those fixed and chaged hosts. But I need that thread deleted or archived. But I do not know how to go about that. Could a moderator please help? 

Anyway haha, Aloha! and Welcome to my first ever Parkitect park. Thanks for taking the time to check out my first park, Adventureland! I was really hesitant to share this park because I know my work is a lot better in games that i'm more familiar with. I am still learning Parkitect so it is nothing amazing! But hopefully, you guys can help with some tips and advice. Plus we all have to start somewhere Smile

So Welcome to Adventureland! I wanted to try doing a custom entrance instead of having just the basic tower and came up with this simple building. A lot of the buildings and designs I've done in this game have been fairly simple so far because I am still getting a feel for the game and the different pieces. 
[Image: 0AHSgA_N_GpxFzmiXgpZZjwxu1rX-O07JHjtnecl...4-h1320-no]

This is Adventure Train! My first official roller coaster in the game! Here is an overall layout of the ride. 
[Image: 6u00qK3JcA9ikwuLzDYxZKb8S2PJHURo7VcUgFfQ...8-h1316-no]

[Image: hj53cWkrqzrQOS9p9X6hZgH571pn4Q-8Aoqr4Rk8...6-h1320-no]

One of my favorite parts is how the coaster interacts with the queue by going back and forth by it! 

[Image: MI7diYcimAaOHXOgPvYEYQKhbjIc8qpLoKcrUkko...2-h1322-no]

The coaster also starts off by going through some block brakes for timing reasons, So I was thinking it might be cool to add either a tunnel here or some scenery.

[Image: zcvMYD5BwJbfmevz1sPzcRTZLJa-nEdEyN6ZF1XL...0-h1336-no]

As you can see there is not a whole lot in this park yet but I am really excited to explore the game more and add on to it. 

[Image: ThWRNqVtnyQ29NCs7lQrQUc_42i_8ybCs2ZA9WTB...0-h1326-no]

UPDATE 2

So ChrisMDB gave me some great advice on this park in the last thread so I applied that in this update!

Alright! So I am in need of some desperate scenery advice! Scenery and buildings are one thing I definitely want to get better at. But I have been experimenting with different things and have gotten this so far. Nothing is for sure permanent but wanted to get your thoughts on it [Image: smile.png] I started to do some terraforming but it was starting cause a lot of unnecessary tunnels, So I decided to add some water elements which I think tuned out pretty decent. I also started on the station, I thought the front was pretty cool! The scenery has always been a bit of a struggle for me but I wanted to step out of my comfort zone so I can start learning! 

[Image: 9q2qizcS8h8rJ00pxnmR5deYjFTMAV9IJz7l5W_Z...4-h1314-no]

[Image: Qaizjv3njtoCdydPwQwLLeabvLqXeIvp4juHWsSi...6-h1312-no][Image: 5m1ZAAC3PXDuAvomF9qYOkjhthpNoBAeNH5E2ouO...4-h1276-no]

[Image: AhIxV0euMthr8odtJct8VZ99SPN1L8uXlfRshfQY...2-h1288-no]

UPDATE 3
Okay so now we are all caught up! The last thread ended right there but now that I got everything fixed, I can move on! So I have been really busy this week and haven't had a whole lot of time, But I managed to add some new things to the park!

[Image: LFRW21Pp9hi05y46K9InWlcMvpg_aT-1OExSbwQS...2-h1652-no]

There is now another way to go through by the entrance but is currently closed off. 
[Image: HptNh6PRqPavoleA2dCgnMvRG1Vk3RxuRgYV1ORV...4-h1652-no]

I redid the scenery on the coaster because I felt like the other one was too plain and I felt like I could make it look a lot better! So now we have scenery by the block break section as well as a new and improved station! 

[Image: BzgDSyIatCSK5ShBHCyWg6kgeIeRPFFDMGNtRwAr...0-h1652-no][Image: _jfSGF-bNSQAzeeJPZxZSj6sdqB_G6cFV0sDhPtO...6-h1652-no][Image: eimtAuqPgbr6LFuIEQ7GY5Oz6jbLlnx9MqfwfF6U...2-h1652-no][Image: 8rLUyIWWn29DLu8zy0C_pFhh_n5MPF29hKMBpRUF...0-h1652-no]

I have added a couple new rides but have not got a chance to add scenery around them yet!

[Image: jvIOSG7fGI05SWgA3lrd7HDdvk0H-G4czx9iJfkz...6-h1638-no]

I am really looking forward to hearing any feedback you guys have good or bad. I always love improving my building and design skills so I am excited to see what you guys think. Thanks so much for checking out my first official park on Parkitect and I hope you have a great rest of your day! [Image: smile.png]

RE: Adventureland - ChrisMDB - Jul 28, 2017

This already is starting to look great (for something that is heavy WIP), for scenery I'd suggest some "western" themed buildings around the coaster, such as water mills, more wind turbines, and wooden buildings. Also, terrapainting wise I suggest varying the terrapaint rather than just having solid grass or dirt or whatever, variety is much more realistic and pleasant to look at.

Also, if you'd like the thread deleted just PM me a link to the thread and I'll take care of it for you.

RE: Adventureland - westcoasttropic - Jul 28, 2017

(Jul 28, 2017, 04:47 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: This already is starting to look great (for something that is heavy WIP), for scenery I'd suggest some "western" themed buildings around the coaster, such as water mills, more wind turbines, and wooden buildings. Also, terrapainting wise I suggest varying the terrapaint rather than just having solid grass or dirt or whatever, variety is much more realistic and pleasant to look at.

Also, if you'd like the thread deleted just PM me a link to the thread and I'll take care of it for you.

I love the ideas!! I some ideas after reading that for the theming. Also for the terrapaint, what would you say is the best way to blend it so it doesn't just end abruptly?

RE: Adventureland - ChrisMDB - Jul 29, 2017

In Parkitect I honestly have no idea since I've only dabbled with it, in RCT1, 2, or 3 though I can always provide advice.

RE: Adventureland - rctmuttindudge - Jul 29, 2017

This patkitect coaster just gave me an idea for Mining Mission!

RE: Adventureland - westcoasttropic - Jul 31, 2017

(Jul 29, 2017, 10:12 PM)rctmuttindudge Wrote: This patkitect coaster just gave me an idea for Mining Mission!

OOOOOO  Excited to see what you come up with! Be sure to let me know/keep me updated! Smile

RE: Adventureland - westcoasttropic - Aug 17, 2017

Aloha guys! So I'm back, Work has been crazy the last couple days! So I have not been able to work on my park as much I would like to have, but I do have a little progress to show you!

So I have made some updates to the central park area. The guests will now have more places to sit and enjoy their food and drinks or just relax! I also was experimenting with the Ferris Wheel and tried putting it up on a hill, I am just not super familiar with the terrain tools in this game yet. 

[Image: nsrUMGWMUJ8bilKMFOLarv1LP1RwKmU6oDX5FH7e...2-h1652-no]

I also added on to the Mine Train Coaster, It has a little bit more scenery. I am actually pretty happy with this water building. I really wanted to have something with a water wheel but couldn't get anything to work so I decided to use pipes. What are you guyses thoughts? I am really trying to improve my scenery skills, this is one area I would really like to improve on! Also Whats that in the bottom corner? :O 

[Image: inraVrO_XSCnIcBGwDHviBBubKB87KWAtKEuFNjh...8-h1652-no]

It looks like another ride has made its way to the park and is in a testing phase!

[Image: jrdSFCMdHZKou4UGirfb4w12qgSDI0cz7J7hdKgY...6-h1652-no]

So I am now experimenting with the steel coasters. It is still in a very "naked" phase. I have a lot to add to it but so far I'm really liking it! It took quite a while to build as there are a lot of Head chopper elements.

[Image: NnyAH5MRWjIShDY3hckt5zqMcBdEN__JWS0-a44T...4-h1652-no]

How are you guys liking the park so far!? This is really just an experimental park for me as it is my first one for this game. Is there anything you would like to see in the park or something you think I should try?! Look forward to hearing from you guys! Catch you on the next update!

RE: Adventureland - ChrisMDB - Aug 17, 2017

One big tip about coaster building: Never have flat pieces of track unless they're for the station (or the brake runs in some games), every "flat" track piece on a real coaster has a very slight slope to it to prevent trains from rolling backwards (that and large flat runs of track between elements aren't just unrealistic, they don't look very good and they slow the ride down).

RE: Adventureland - BlazingEmpireHD - Aug 17, 2017

I'm always excited to see new theme park games make their way little by little into RCTgo, however, it is a shame I cannot actually see these screens.

Either way, good luck on your adventure!

RE: Adventureland - vanellopecoastergirl - Aug 17, 2017

Me and Taffyta pretty much wrapped up construction on mining mission yesterday. We're just expanding the park as a whole a little bit.