RCTgo Forums
RCT3 In-Game Scenery, CS and Theming - Exploding the Vanilla Myth. - Printable Version

+- RCTgo Forums (https://forums.rctgo.com)
+-- Forum: The Games (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: RollerCoaster Tycoon Discussion (https://forums.rctgo.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: RCT3 In-Game Scenery, CS and Theming - Exploding the Vanilla Myth. (/thread-7360.html)

In-Game Scenery, CS and Theming - Exploding the Vanilla Myth. - FlightToAtlantis - Mar 18, 2013

It's possible to recreate anything from the Australian Outback to the Amazon Jungle with RCT3. Or you can choose to have a manicured holiday park on nothing more than mown grass. How do you feel about theming and what's your view on scenery?

RE: In-Game Scenery, CS and Theming - Exploding the Vanilla Myth. - evilthecat6600 - Mar 18, 2013

Personally I bad when it comes to placing scenery and terraforming the land, but I'm not against the idea of having a park with nice scenery and theming. I can think of many a different park I could make with better park building skills. Though I'm not against making a boardwalk style park with just rides and queue houses and concession stands scattered about.

Kind of like a fair type thing. Basically, I'm not against theming and I'm not against not theming. It's more about building and having fun for me. Half the reason I got RCT 3 to begin with :3

RE: In-Game Scenery, CS and Theming - Exploding the Vanilla Myth. - FlightToAtlantis - Mar 18, 2013

Building skills like most other things will improve the more we use them. I'm sure you'll get to where you need to be at a time that's right for you.

I can remember when I first installed CS. This was after I had moved the Prehistoric and Spooky folders out of the Themed folder to minimize the scenery I never used in the menus but all that new CS seemed to negate my efforts. I was overwhelmed until I discovered the only way around it was to continue scanning through the menus and becoming familiar with them. Now that I know where most of the items can be found I'm better at putting scenery together.

Thanks for your comment.

RE: In-Game Scenery, CS and Theming - Exploding the Vanilla Myth. - evilthecat6600 - Mar 18, 2013

You're welcome. One of my park project ideas actually utilizes themed areas. Like one section might have all horror themed rides and scenery while another might have dinosaur theming. I already blueprinted the project. Just practicing a few skills til I feel ready to give the build a try. Not sure if I'd post it though, considering it uses stuff I made and stuff that others made.

I've seen some people on RCT communities tend to prefer that shared rides be for personal use only while others don't care if you show their stuff in your park so it's more of a caution thing for me lol.

RE: In-Game Scenery, CS and Theming - Exploding the Vanilla Myth. - Blu - Mar 18, 2013

When I build in RCT3, it takes me a really long time because I like to go all out on my theming. This file for a really detailed coaster with lots of eye candy.