READ FIRST: Build It! Competition

Question-
I tend to use a lot of custom scenery in my projects and have a hard time limiting my usage, meaning that a lot of my rides end up with dozens of sets in use. Given that all Build It! entries and winners are featured for download, I'm hesitant to enter some of the projects I'm working on since the range of scenery involved could make downloading/opening/using the file unrealistic for many users. Are CS-heavy projects encouraged or should I work to make my entries more accessible?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQJ4pMy...jE-kXeN_YA
The most popular RCT3 entries within the past few years have been CS-heavy, and most users agree that the RCT3 coasters that use CS (properly) look better than the NCSO coasters simply because the ingame scenery is unrealistic, and can therefore be very limiting. Some users will even go as far as to say that custom supports on a steel coaster are a necessity. If you know how to use CS in RCT3, it is always encouraged.

When the coaster becomes available for download, if you're worried about accessibility, edit the description with a list of every CS set used for that particular coaster, or just post it in the comments. This will allow users who want to open the file to have the option to download all the necessary sets.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
I'm working on something I think will wow everyone on the page though im new to the build it competition. Could any past winners give me some tips for success? I'd really like to be great coaster designer But I need some tips as most of my rides aren't anywise near the quality of some of these I've seen on the site and I doubt any of them would be candidates for Build it. So I could use some advice
This isn't the proper place for this question, I do not think, but just do your best. No one can judge you if you do your best.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
If I pm you could you give me advice on my latest coaster?
Yeah, why not?
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Feel free to send me one to
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
Question pertaining to a potential future Build-It entry I'm in the process of designing: Is this contest strictly for roller coasters, or would a Go-Kart or Splash Boats track be eligible for the competition as well?
[Image: FOVJPXXJ52Q8RCE.MEDIUM.jpg]
^Click to visit my downloads page.  Most recent additions: House of Pandamonium II, Dual Invasion (Octopus/Basilisk), Spooky Splasher
Coasters in the picture: Grand Zephyr, Wyvern, Perilous Pipeline, Bushmaster
There is nothing that specifically states that the competition is strictly for roller coasters, and several users in the past have entered non-coasters, most commonly with water rides. Two of these builders succeeded and won.

patricio6143, with his whitewater rapids ride, was the first to win without building a roller coaster (despite what he filled in under "Type")...

https://rctgo.com/downloads/view/heart-o...mazon.1961

...while AzoRctMan holds the honor of being the only player to ever win Build It! with a log flume.

https://rctgo.com/downloads/view/jungle-log-jam.3781

The opening post is as old as the competition itself, and until Round 41, it was known as the Featured Coaster Competition. This does imply that, at one point, it was strictly for roller coasters. That, plus the fact that 99% of entries are roller coasters anyway, is likely why the word "coaster" is used as a synecdoche for "ride" or "entry" in many instances in that post.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
(Jul 10, 2017, 02:21 AM)Larry591 Wrote:  Go-Kart

This I gotta see...
Information Kiosk 2 looks too intense for me.