Announcing changes to the Build It! competition

Hi all,

In an effort to continue to improve the Build It! competition, we will be making some changes to the competition rules going forward. Starting with Round 221, entries must be themed. A base track with absolutely no theming or scenery will no longer be considered a satisfactory entry.

Entries that are submitted without satisfactory theming will be removed before the round begins so others may enter the competition.

If you have any questions, please ask them below.

Thanks!
nice idea. hopefully theres no more scrub rounds when theres 1 good coaster and 3 awful ones.
THANK YOU!!!!

The only other thing I'd personally require is a POV for all 3D entries but this is enough Biggrin
Team CoasterTech

This is great, but can we enter a generic themed ride, with out any real "theme". Like a hypercoaster with lots of trees, and maybe a building or two.
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360
(Jan 10, 2016, 01:11 PM)Maverick360 Wrote: This is great, but can we enter a generic themed ride, with out any real "theme". Like a hypercoaster with lots of trees, and maybe a building or two.

Like Justin said above, themeless and without scenery will be pulled. A ride with generic buildings and trees to dress up a ride should pass the test.

I would make sure the screen shots show enough of the ride and surrounding area with the scenery.
So something like protostar, my first BI win, would work.
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360
@ Maverick360 - As HLH3 pointed out and Justin said yeah that should be fine. I'm sure NL projects will be cut a little slack as well seeing as the scenery options are quite limited in comparison to RCT titles. I'd just make sure that your screenshots cover the ride in case Justin doesn't view POV's to determine whether a ride qualifies or not.
Team CoasterTech

Yes, generic theming will be fine. The goal of this change is to stop the lower quality entries that have no chance of winning from making it into the competition. (I think the entries I'm referring to should be fairly obvious.)
Thanks so much Justin!
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
This change is necessary, as the number of bare entries has increased noticeably in the past few months. There seem to be fewer people constantly building entries, and this could be because many of the RCT3 players who focus primarily on scenery have apparently gone into hibernation for the winter.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!