Hello! Can I ask you a question?

My name is Megan T. and I am a bit confused about how RCTgo works.  I am a fan of RCT 2 and I own it from GOG games.  However, I have noticed that many of the RTC 2 downloads here appear to have much better graphics than my copy.  Many of these downloads also do not play in GOG games' copy.  Is RCTgo an updated version of the original RCT 2 that you download separately from it?  If so, how do I get it?
RCTgo has no official version of RCT2, but we do allow builders to upload content from several different iterations of the game.

Many of the RCT2 players here use OpenRCT2, which is an open-source, downloadable add-on that "fixes" many of the issues from the original RCT2 and expands the interface to remove building and gameplay restraints. For example, in OpenRCT2, you can change the object selection at any time and turn off ride height limits. The catch is, some of the features of OpenRCT2, such as invisible entrances, don't exist in standard RCT2, so any file containing one of these specific features won't open in "traditional" RCT2.

The upside is, OpenRCT2 is completely free to download, and the only requirement is to have a RCT2 base game installed (which you already have), so you should have an easy time opening the files should you choose to download it.

https://openrct2.org/

Also, welcome!
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
(May 16, 2019, 03:08 AM)Terry Inferno Wrote: RCTgo has no official version of RCT2, but we do allow builders to upload content from several different iterations of the game.

Many of the RCT2 players here use OpenRCT2, which is an open-source, downloadable add-on that "fixes" many of the issues from the original RCT2 and expands the interface to remove building and gameplay restraints. For example, in OpenRCT2, you can change the object selection at any time and turn off ride height limits. The catch is, some of the features of OpenRCT2, such as invisible entrances, don't exist in standard RCT2, so any file containing one of these specific features won't open in "traditional" RCT2.

The upside is, OpenRCT2 is completely free to download, and the only requirement is to have a RCT2 base game installed (which you already have), so you should have an easy time opening the files should you choose to download it.

https://openrct2.org/

Also, welcome!

Thank you for the information.  Unfortunately, something seems wrong with the OpenRCT2 downloads on the link you sent me.  I cannot get any version of the program to download.  I am not sure if there is something is wrong with the site or my computer's anti-virus program is blocking it.  I am also not sure how to fix it if that is the case so I cannot get the OpenRCT 2 program at this time.  Thanks anyway for explaining this to me.
Megan T.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)