RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition!

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition is coming to Steam and Nintendo Switch September 28th. It features HD Upgrades and it seems that Frontier owns the rights to the game now instead of Atari.
2015 SKARIB Productions
Yes it seems that the situation between frontier and Atari is over now.
I will stick with my antique disc version of RCT3. Steam has no allure for me (much as I enjoyed Morrowind and Oblivion I've never played Skyrim because Bethesda decided to release it solely via Steam).
got mine for free on epic. my discs wouldn't install on w10 haven't for years. finally i can play this again. and it wipes the floor with PC.
(Sep 8, 2020, 12:18 PM)ian44accordx Wrote: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition is coming to Steam and Nintendo Switch September 28th. It features HD Upgrades and it seems that Frontier owns the rights to the game now instead of Atari.
I have RCT1, 2, 3 Platinum and now Complete Edition, the last 2 at least on Steam.  The main reason to get Complete Edition was to put it on my new computer with my 21:9 ultra wide 34" monitor which is 1440p but 1080p looks fine.  After a good 5 year hiatus I'm relearning so much that I had forgotten.  I'm hopeful that Frontier may breath some more life into RCT but they may be waiting to see how the Complete Edition sales go first.  But why would they buy it?  In business competing businesses nearby often lead to cross-over sales so that certainly is part of it, but I'm hoping they may upgrade RCT since it caters to gamers who don't want to get as deep into the weeds as is needed with Planet Coaster.  Some RCT gamers naturally switched over to Planet Coaster but I'm sure some started PC, like me, who just felt overwhelmed coupled with a lack of tangible results quickly and dropped it in favor of playing the simpler RCT.  Although RCT3 isn't completely simple!  Much to relearn and as I've picked up already in this forum from SlopsBucket and JGF there are a lot of details not covered in the quickie RCT3 tutorial, a lot!  So it's great once again to find others sharing their experience in great posts here and elsewhere on YT and other Internet forums.

I've cleared the first 3 scenarios but man oh man, I look at the fantastic pics posted in this forum from the 2 posters I cited above and others of course and notice that some of you folks are in a another league entirely!  Impressive!  Much to learn in my old age with this game, uhh relearn!

RCT3NewAgain