RITA vs 'Normal' Intamin Rocket Coasters

As we all know, Rita isn't the usual Intamin Rocket format (with a top-hat section). At the start, i thought it probably isn't going to be as good as the top-hat rockets - even though i have never been on one. I'm sure the thrill of KK and TTD is awesome. However, after thinking about it for a while i have begun to change my mind.

I know the top-hat ones are likely (not always) to go faster. I know the top-hat ones have vertical sections and go much higher. For height factor there is no contest of course. But Rita remains close to the ground thus giving you the sensation that you are going even faster than you are. I think that even though Rita only does 100kph it feels like much more because you are hardly leaving the ground let alone tree level.

Once again I think the height-restriction on construction is a blessing rather than a hindrance to the park.

What does everyone else think about this? Do you think Stealth (for example) will beat the pants of Rita?
Im not sure about stealth!

Rita is a good ride, as it has a unique layout (compared to standard Intamin Rocket Coasters), where as stealth is basically a mini KK!

I have never been on TTD or KK so i cannot comment on the top hat, but i will hopefully get the chance to go to Thorpe Park.

I have been on RITA and i think it is a great ride, the fact that you hardly leave the ground (tree height restrictions) is great, and you get loads of Air Time! I feel this is also why Alton Towers is such a great park, as it cannot build above the tree line, making better rides!
well stealth looks rather nice its about 20mph faster than rita, but for quality of ride rita is one of the best i have been on. although stealth will be the highest and fastest in uk? it would be nice for alton to get a nice rocket coaster with a top hat, but since you cant get 200ft+ trees it seems unlikely.
Thorpe park, why only make it 205ft, why not 500 ft,because it's not really record breaking is it !Why stop at just over 200ft, they have no limit
so i don't know why they stopped there ! ( but it still looks good and would love to ride it Biggrin )
[Image: tpsig19pz.jpg]
Quote:so i don't know why they stopped there

Cost probably!
yeah probably, but Rita had that problem with tree height limit but Stealth doesn't !
[Image: tpsig19pz.jpg]
Indeed you are correct, trouble is with Thorpe being reasonably close to Heathrow Airport, im not sure if they could build over 400ft, Height markings and stuff.But they could of taken Blackpools record and gone for about 250ft, im not complaining anyway.Id of liked the layout of Stealth to be reminicent of the Xcellerator at Knotts Berry Farm...WWW.knotts.com/park/tour/brdwalk/imgs/xcelerator_launch.jpg....we cant have it all.
People are thinking it is Europes tallest coaster, but it isnt! They are advertising it as Europes tallest rocket coaster Biggrin
I think Tussauds have the best of both worlds, in one park, they have a launched ground level coaster with numerous helixes, and in the other, they have a 205ft top hat section, with an airtime hill.Same coaster.....different experience.Ive seen Stealth in the flesh, and boy its Goliathly big.Take one look and tell me this baby doesnt mean business.Note:Wont be called Stealth much longer, well find out in the next couple of weeks what there naming it.As for Rita, a legend amongst legends.
I think Tussauds have the best of both worlds, in one park, they have a launched ground level coaster with numerous helixes, and in the other, they have a 205ft top hat section, with an airtime hill.Same coaster.....different experience.Ive seen Stealth in the flesh, and boy its Goliathly big.Take one look and tell me this baby doesnt mean business.Note:Wont be called Stealth much longer, well find out in the next couple of weeks what there naming it.As for Rita, a legend amongst legends.