Will there be a RollerCoaster Tycoon 4?

(Jun 19, 2013, 10:10 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: ^No, it's easy to make coasters, it's hard to make good coasters.

This is true.

(Jun 23, 2013, 06:25 PM)the-big-cheese Wrote: …..
I see. what I was trying to get at is sometimes I feel restricted with rct3, and its hard to make the coasters "smooth".
…..

I’ve also felt the same way and I believe the problem is there aren’t quite enough transitional pieces. The slopes sometimes go too severely from one angle into another as do some of the turns. And I believe the only reason we have the ‘S’ bend is to match up the ends of those track sections that don’t quite line up while we’re building them. Has anyone actually ridden a coaster with an ‘S’ bend? It’s quite possible that during the original development of RCT3 the designers created more transitional pieces and decided all those coaster parts would have made the game too complex for your average park builder.

(Jun 23, 2013, 06:25 PM)the-big-cheese Wrote: that's a good signature quote Wink

Perhaps we’ll be seeing more of it soon …..

(Jun 23, 2013, 07:50 PM)Ardy Wrote: I would love to see what Chris Sawyer could do now if made RCT4! I think that would be sweeet!!

Angel Angel Angel !!!!!! Chris Sawyer Angel Angel AND RCT4 Angel Angel Angel Angel all in one new product!!!! Angel Angel That would not only be sweet it would be orgasmic.Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel

Angel Angel Um-m-m-m …..Angel Angel Angel Angel
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

you guys know chris sawyer left right?
(Jul 28, 2013, 02:45 PM)Drew_ Wrote: you guys know chris sawyer left right?

Yeh, we know Chris Sawyer left. For years after they split up and until John Lennon got shot there were still people who believed that someday the Beatles would get back together. Elizabeth Taylor thought she was going to re-marry Richard Burton for a third time until he married someone else. Until its discovery in 1985 thousands believed that the lack of oxygen and near freezing temperatures at that depth would preserve the Titanic perfectly. It’s called hope. Hope is the same thing as faith minus any assurance from an outside source that what is hoped for is going to take place.

For example, imagine another sexy single woman has moved into your neighbourhood and after weeks of never meeting up with her and never exchanging one civil word, to you she only represents the obvious, that she’s yet another fly honey you’ll never get your hands on. I’m sure when you're in this situation you continue to hope. And wish. You might even dream about it but that’s what hope is all about.

Since you need reminding I am going to remind you that as adults and as individuals we are all entitled to hope.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

(Jul 29, 2013, 05:27 AM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: we are all entitled to hope.

true,

but based on that chris sawyer left, and atari and frontier wont work together, there is a very little chance rct4 will come out.

im just trying to be realistic.
Well Atari is set to auction off their rights to the RCT franchise. This article came out in May, http://www.coaster101.com/2013/05/23/ata...er-tycoon/ I don't know if this auction has already happened or has not, but this might cause a follow up game if there is a buyer.
Most recent upload: Shockwave
Featured upload: Depths of Atlantis
I thought Atari went out of business early this year? I thought it was confirmed that there wasn't going to be a RCT4 unless someone who buys the RCT series at an auction Atari is having for all of its game titles actually makes it...[/font]
The auction took place this month in New York. Although Star Control and Total Annihilation were sold there were no successful bids for the RCT series. There’s a comment that Atari may at a later date re-auction the RCT series at a lower price which suggests none of the bids met the reserve. This also suggests to me that the folks at Atari know the series is worth a great deal and they themselves don’t want to get screwed in the same way they screwed Chris Sawyer – and that Atari’s industry reputation has preceded them & their hand is being forced.

However, on a high note Chris Sawyer has recently reappeared and announced Transport Tycoon is coming to mobile devices. Way to go Chris!!

http://rct4releasedate.com/

Great news everyone!
https://twitter.com/redcoingames/status/...5020977152
[Image: sig_zps84f84773.jpg]
(Aug 11, 2013, 09:57 PM)the-big-cheese Wrote: Great news everyone!

Thanks for sharing that with us, CC.

I'm afraid it appears it just might all be a hoax. However, this doesn’t say much for Theme Park Studio the release of which is so unanticipated that most of us would prefer a good hoax to TPS’s upcoming release.

the long wait for a game is always good. i believe that atari is selling the rights to the games as of july so there will be a possbile new owner so a new game might be better for a longer wait..