My Past Work

So I suppose for those that don't know me all that well, I should show some of my past work. Beyond Merlin's Odyssey, I've got almost nothing to show for where I stand as far as skill goes. It has been received fairly well by this community, but since it pretty much tied for second in the Build It round I entered, that's not saying much. 

I'll try to show some screenshots of my gradual progress as an RCT2 player, giving my 100% effort in all of them (OpenRCT2 to be exact). These all involve the specific theme of 'Italy', which I slowly tried to grasp with more and more focus with each attempt. I recommend zooming into each of these so you can see everything at the perfect pixel scale factor. 

This is my first venture into full-on custom scenery building, created almost a year ago, which started as an excuse to just build buildings, not necessarily theme-park related. This is probably where I'd point my love for non-parks comes from. 

Several months after that, in this year's January I tried a more focused attempt at creating something more coherent and composed, though being in a Multiplayer setting, there are some obvious limitations I forced upon myself, like a clear boundary of what is my work, and what isn't. 

In March, I tried a third attempt at the same concept, but coming at it from another angle. This was in a Multiplayer setting as well, so the same point I explained above holds here as well.  

In April, I tried to start an entire recreation of Assassin's Creed II's Venice. Certainly my first direct venture into non-parks, and it isn't even all that old. Oblivious of the object limit present in the game at that time, I continued to build until I found myself hit a metaphorical wall when I lost access to the game. I don't consider this an improvement over the past work, as far as aesthetics are concerned, but it's worth mentioning, I guess.

And here we are, my last bit of work I'd say was a 100% effort. Built in May, this is not necessarily something that has to do with 'Italy' as a theme, but I find it worth mentioning because it is the most recent work I've ever shown online. This undermines the larger scale of the last thing I worked on, the Venice recreation, but in what it lost with scale, I feel it gained in every other aspect. 

This should show where I currently stand as far as RCT2 park making goes. Well, I suppose I must thank you for reading this short 'mini-portfolio' of my work so far, I hope it was enjoyable to go through. Any comments appreciated, as well as encouraged. Smile
Currently working on a fictional Italian non-park. Expected release date: Soonâ„¢

[Image: QLvoQOM.png]

Messages In This Thread
My Past Work - by Ziscor - Aug 26, 2017, 04:43 PM
RE: My Past Work - by ChrisMDB - Aug 26, 2017, 04:50 PM
RE: My Past Work - by BlazingEmpireHD - Aug 27, 2017, 04:23 PM