Got tired of modern games, back to a classic

(May 5, 2018, 12:34 AM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: Hey Mynock, welcome to the site! I do hope you find everything ya like here - If you have any questions go ahead and let us know. If you want to get more one on one with us, come on over to our Discord server which you can find here: https://discord.gg/xFfFsbG.

I too have that bad habit, but that's more along the lines of creating parks with "ultimate" realism. My original content lies therein with my vast scenario group. Over 116 scenarios that I've made and released and yet I am still going strong. Good luck trying to surpass my amounts of scenarios. Wink

I sure do hope you can find some good in an old game like RCT2 - OpenRCT2 is now what I use, but the basis of RCT2 is still at the heart. RCTgo is plentiful of downloads (over 18,000), so, there's a large chance you'll find something to envelop time into. Enjoy!

Welcome, once more, to the site, and I hope to see ya around!

Hah, not planning to catch you! But I did download your Carnival Capers scenario because I always liked the beachfront park concept (I grew up visiting the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk every year, so I'm a bit bias haha). First park I've made using OpenRCT just to get access to a few more objects and do one or two small things. Nothing fancy, but it turned out nice for my first go at a park with some actual scenery (back in the day I didn't really do much with scenery). Not sure how I can post a screenshot (I'm terrible with computers and the internet) but maybe I can show you the mega-screenshots some day.

(May 5, 2018, 06:33 AM)Ziscor Wrote: Always nice to see people like you; reminds me of how many of us ourselves got back into RCT through burning out on other stuff. Enjoy your stay while you're here!

If you used to mess around with custom assets in the past, you might notice classic mainstay sites like RCTmart have gone down now, although their resources are still available through the Wayback Machine. Though, at this moment, the largest database on custom assets would have to be the one at New Element. It has a search function and most objects have tags to make it easier to look for something in particular. 

If you're looking for easier ways to get the basic stuff people use in their custom-asset filled parks before diving into the whole database, there are also several workbenches on the site made by individual players that you can start with. They're basically park files with custom assets already exported with them, so the moment you open the park in the game, all the custom objects have been downloading and added into neat organised scenery groups. Basically like a custom pack.

I see you've already met Blazing, our custom scenario dude Tongue

This is my first go at custom assets, or any scenery related stuff at all really. Back in the day I used to try to theme my parks a little, but it was nothing fancy. Seeing what some people can do on youtube is pretty amazing, and while I just want to get back into the game for fun (not trying to be a park building master craftsman or anything) it would be cool to use some of the new assets and the tools in OpenRCT. I've downloaded the H2H7 workbench which seems to have a lot of good stuff I was looking for, and I'll probably cherrypick through whatever else I decide I might want on that New Element site. Thanks for pointing that out to me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Got tired of modern games, back to a classic - by Mynock - May 5, 2018, 07:01 PM