How many stations on transport rides?

I'm only familiar with RCT3 Plat, and from riding the monorails, trains, etc. have noticed that guests apparently exit the ride randomly ...I've seen some ride the entire route several times, and some get off at the next station then walk back to where they were. And some will exit and get back in line for the next train.

"...guests completely ignore intensity ratings"
Probably because, at least in RCT3, none of the transport rides have intensity over 1. The fastest transport is the monorail, its top speed is a mere 17mph and has a track height limit of about 8; I've built one to go from the max height to as far underground as I could take it and it still only registered a max speed of around 24mph. No speed = no g-forces = low intensity; the only other option is to increase the ride length, and you will be getting "let me off!" complaints long before making an appreciable intensity increase that way. This negates using the mini-railway as most real parks do - a relaxing loop around the entire park.

In running shuttle mode my favorite ploy is to build two elevated stations (I prefer monorails since they don't use as much ground space ....and I just like monorails, lol) side-by-side at each end, the queue and exit lines extend from each side doubling back beneath the stations with the exit of one hitting the path opposite the entrance of the other; the tracks run parallel, with some curves added for interest. Running both in shuttle mode the trains met somewhere along the track, which seems to please the guests (if only there were some way to sync the trains so they would always be at opposite ends of the route simultaneously).

Too many of the transport rides in RCT3, unlike their real world counterparts, are virtually useless. The steamship is so abysmally slow that no one ever rides it; the elephant ride is popular but again so slow that you can't move enough people to be productive; for some reason no one ever rides the "water transport" (looks like speedboats) or airboats in my parks; and while the viewing galleries stay packed, even at $9 a shot, the safari rides through the same enclosures are lucky to get 100 people a year on them.

Messages In This Thread
How many stations on transport rides? - by B17Fan - Oct 2, 2019, 06:51 AM
RE: How many stations on transport rides? - by jgf - Oct 3, 2019, 06:32 PM
RE: How many stations on transport rides? - by jgf - Oct 6, 2019, 01:41 PM