Newbie - what I've learned

Some final tricks.

Tweaking the ride prices.

Open the Guests dialog under Park Management. Change the settings so that the dialog is showing the guest's thoughts instead of their status, then sort the list order by thoughts. About half way down the page you will find guests thinking "I'm not paying that much for...."

This is in between "I'm not hungry." and "I'm not thirsty.". You can use this to tell just how much you can get away with charging for rides and stuff.

Micro-managing your park appears to give better results than using the cheats. By immediately pausing and placing mechanics next to anything that breaks down I keep a consistently high number of people in my park and my profits are fairly consistent too. I still have not even tried to set patrol areas for mechanics or janitors.

When a park is fully finished like mine before you even start the clock the game follows a regular pattern. During the first year, and up until late May of the second year, people can't leave the park. This means that by May of the second year your population is much higher than it will ever be again and so are your profits. In the last half of the second year the park population drops back to regular levels and your profits take a huge hit during these months. Once the third year starts all your numbers start to settle down into a routine and you get a better idea of what your averages really are.

I used these tricks and opened Tiny Park 3 again. I raised all the ride prices and the park entry fee. I ran the game at normal time and paused immediately that anything broke down and got it fixed. And I hired 2 more mechanics.

Average people in park: 2580
Average monthly profit: 5500

That's right, from that same park a bad month now only makes 5300 dollars.

That's it. I've kicked all the goals I wanted to, now maybe I can catch up with some neglected housework.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Messages In This Thread
Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 18, 2020, 10:20 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by jgf - Jul 25, 2020, 10:50 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 26, 2020, 10:42 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by BlazingEmpireHD - Jul 27, 2020, 05:09 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 27, 2020, 09:42 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by baron65 - Jul 28, 2020, 05:38 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 28, 2020, 10:33 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by jgf - Jul 29, 2020, 08:17 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 30, 2020, 06:30 PM