Newbie - what I've learned

For ride pricing just click on the ride and select the guests' thoughts. "I'm not paying that much" means the price is too high, "xxx is a really good value" means it is too low; ignore the "want to go on something more intense", no matter the ride there will be a few of those; "I want to go on xxx again" on a coaster is a good sign. (For a laugh name a popular coaster "Your Face", let it run a while and check the guest comments.)

Ride breakdowns, and litter, also affect the number of guests entering the park. That's one reason I always assign patrol zones; without them when a ride breaks down the game will assign the first free mechanic to repair it, if he happens to be on the other side of the park that ride is down til he strolls over there, meanwhile other mechanics who were busy are now free but will walk right past that ride completely ignoring it because it already has an assigned mechanic. With zones the repair will be assigned to the mechanic in that zone who, even if currently busy, will usually get to that ride before a mechanic from elsewhere could. Same with janitors, drop a roving janitor down by a pile of litter and he just walks away ...because that cleanup has already been assigned to some other janitor.

And with coasters the length of the ride directly affects the frequency of breakdowns; I built a coaster with a four minute circuit, it literally broke down after each ride; I finally tore it down and rebuilt it less than half that length (and since you cannot charge more than $10 for a ride why have 4 min for $10 when the same guests will happily pay $10 for a 90 second ride).

BTW, I think I've mentioned this, never set a $10 fare for a ride even though that is the max allowed, use $9.50. It is a singular bit of weirdness in the game that, for a good ride, guests will comment that $9.50 is "a really good value", with maybe 5% saying they cannot afford that ride, but raise the fare to $10 and suddenly 20%-30% can't afford it (while, irritatingly, many of the rest are still saying it is a good value).

Messages In This Thread
Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 18, 2020, 10:20 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by jgf - Jul 25, 2020, 10:50 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 26, 2020, 10:42 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by BlazingEmpireHD - Jul 27, 2020, 05:09 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 27, 2020, 09:42 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by baron65 - Jul 28, 2020, 05:38 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 28, 2020, 10:33 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by jgf - Jul 29, 2020, 08:17 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 30, 2020, 06:30 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 31, 2020, 08:09 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Aug 2, 2020, 11:46 PM