RCT3 Excitementrating

More or less, the basic ideas should still be the same. I haven't really played RCT3 in years because it doesn't work on my current computer, but the concept of raising excitement ratings through placing coasters near each other, partially underground, and surrounding them with scenery does not change throughout the RCT series even if the way excitement ratings are calculated differs slightly. All the tips should still apply, with the possible exception of #5, since I cannot remember if walls add to excitement ratings in RCT3, and I have far less experience with that scenery than I do RCT2.

Different coaster types may offer different excitement ratings from their RCT2 counterparts, and the new coaster types that are found only in RCT3 can sometimes also be useful. The extended coaster might be one of the best coasters to start with, as would be the giga and hyper-twister coasters--I'm not sure if the hyper-twisters still generate the highest excitement ratings on average the way they did in RCT2.

Unless Platinum fixed the splash boats height glitch, you may have noticed that there are no height restrictions on splash boats until you install either Wild or Soaked. I built some that were over 1,000 feet tall, and although the lift hills felt like an eternity and a half, the excitement ratings were well above 10. After installing those expansions, I could only build splash boats up to 190 feet above ground, but there were no restrictions to how low it could go, so I repeated the 1,000-foot drop method with a slightly shorter lift hill.

I also remember a weird go kart feature where if you built the track very long but in a very small space and set the number of laps to the maximum amount, you could see an excitement rating closer to 20, which seems impossible for any coaster built solely from track types available in RCT3 and its expansions. Go karts are always terrible for profits, but if you build them the right way, you'll see excitement ratings like you've never seen before.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!

Messages In This Thread
Excitementrating - by madbasflava - Aug 11, 2014, 06:50 PM
RE: Excitementrating - by sixflagsgr8 - Aug 11, 2014, 09:10 PM
RE: Excitementrating - by madbasflava - Aug 12, 2014, 04:38 AM
RE: Excitementrating - by Rudy18 - Aug 11, 2014, 11:45 PM
RE: Excitementrating - by terminator3d3700 - Aug 13, 2019, 06:34 AM
RE: Excitementrating - by Terry Inferno - Aug 12, 2014, 04:44 AM
RE: Excitementrating - by madbasflava - Aug 12, 2014, 08:16 AM
RE: Excitementrating - by Terry Inferno - Aug 12, 2014, 07:56 PM
RE: Excitementrating - by madbasflava - Aug 12, 2014, 08:36 PM