Newbie - what I've learned

I had another play with that base map. 1 tiny park 3.dat is attached below.

I spent a little more time choosing coasters and getting them to pass through each other where I could. 12 coasters and about 30 other rides.

After taking these pictures I put it on fast forward and let it go while I cooked my tea. Not much changed in the 6 years that passed while I cooked and ate.

2500 people
4300 a month profit.

Now I'm wondering if it's possible to achieve 5000 a month profit from a map that size.

Cheers,

Andrew.

I just learnt something new.

I learnt what drives those "waves" that I mentioned earlier. And how to control them.

It's your ride uptime. I ran Tiny Park 3 again to see if I could spot any obvious areas where I could make improvements. This time it didn't perform as well, I was getting more ride breakdowns than previously. My average population was only about 2400 and I was struggling to average 4000 a month profit. My ride uptime was averaging around 189 or 190.

I added 2 more mechanics, my ride uptime value then averaged around 196 or 197. This put my park population back up to around 2500 people and my profits up to 4400 a month.

I wondered about this for a little while and then the penny dropped, it's the maximum population of your path areas. During normal times there's hundreds of people on rides, which frees up space for hundreds more people to be on the paths. If lots of rides break down at the same time those people are forced back onto the paths and then hundreds of people are forced to leave the park.

I had to experiment with this. I noticed that with Tiny Park 3, if I just left it to it's own devices, would get waves of ride breakdowns and this directly affected the population of the park. My park population was varying between 2350 people and 2650. I wondered how much difference it would make if I ran the game at normal speed and micro-managed it. If I paused the game and put a mechanic in place every time a ride broke down.

I started doing that but it was really boring. I cheated a little and added an extra 30 cents to the cost of each roller coaster. Then I had a new idea and used the Frontier cheat so that no rides ever broke down and put it of fast forward. The results were startling.

Average 2580 people in the park. This average only varies by plus or minus 10 people.
Average 4800 a month profit. This average only varies by plus or minus 100 dollars.

So there you go, a new trick. If you want to micro-manage your park and fix every ride immediately then your park performance will by considerably higher.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Attached Files
  RCT3 tiny park 3.zip (Size: 265.01 KB / Downloads: 97)

Messages In This Thread
Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 18, 2020, 10:20 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by jgf - Jul 25, 2020, 10:50 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 26, 2020, 10:42 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by BlazingEmpireHD - Jul 27, 2020, 05:09 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 27, 2020, 09:42 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by baron65 - Jul 28, 2020, 05:38 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 28, 2020, 10:33 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by jgf - Jul 29, 2020, 08:17 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 30, 2020, 06:30 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Jul 31, 2020, 08:09 PM
RE: Newbie - what I've learned - by slopsbucket - Aug 2, 2020, 11:46 PM