(RCT3) "Zephyr" - A Drifting Coaster Project.

Much like most of my projects, Zephyr is a relatively small and simple track project designed more to expand upon a style or idea than be anything spectacular. I went into the project with the desire to dapple in the less often used sorts of coasters, and this is what resulted. It is themed, of course, in my personal favorite subset of the "generic" theme.

The term "zephyr" means several things, one of which being "a gentle, mild breeze". As such, it was chosen due to how well it fit with the construction, theme, and overall experience of the ride; the track swishes about often, which is a trait often attributed with breezes or wind in general. Wink

While criticism is welcome, I ask that you keep in mind that the track is, essentially, finished. With all the terraforming and support work done, major features of the coaster such as the layout is not likely to be changed. Aesthetic features, however, such as color, minor theming changes, and foliage, are much less permanent.

(The numbered paragraphs associate to the pictures with the same number. "Picture 1" is "Zephyr-1".)

Picture 1: To begin, we have a car beginning the launch sequence. Gradually, the launch powers the car out of the station and up to a speed of 43 MPH before the car hits the first turn and hill.

Picture 2: After ascending the first hill, the riders are then treated to a bunny-hop hill, which adds a bit of thrill while maintaining a stable speed.

Picture 3: After said bunny-hop, the car is then thrown into a rather unique turnaround element, which then proceeds to take the car over another series of hills.

Picture 4: After the second series of hills, the car is thrown yet again into a turnaround element, coming dangerously close to the launch platform while doing so.

Picture 5: After the final turnaround, the car proceeds into another rather unique element which resembles a trick-track of sorts, again coming dangerously close to another portion of track.

Picture 6: After the trick-track element, the car finally pulls into the brake-run.

Picture 7: As you can see, the layout has actually been designed fairly compact, making it a good addition to almost any park.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Very unique little ride. I like it. Smile Like you said, a very "generic" theme, but it looks really nice. I think the pond by the launch sequence would look better without that little water feature, though; it looks a bit out of place. What type of coaster is that, by the way?

Also - you can insert attached screenshots into your post directly using the "Insert into Post" button. Just place your cursor where you want the attachment to be inserted then press the button. Wink
(Nov 29, 2008, 10:06 AM)Belloman Wrote: Very unique little ride. I like it. Smile Like you said, a very "generic" theme, but it looks really nice. I think the pond by the launch sequence would look better without that little water feature, though; it looks a bit out of place. What type of coaster is that, by the way?

Also - you can insert attached screenshots into your post directly using the "Insert into Post" button. Just place your cursor where you want the attachment to be inserted then press the button. Wink

The water feature was added for a touch of realism; left stagnant, the pond would attract a number of undesirable bug and such. However, there are plenty other types of fountains I could put in it's place. And the coaster was made with the Extended track, which is available in Wild!, with the Drifting Coaster car.

Thank you for that information, by the way. That'll make my job much easier. Smile
(Nov 29, 2008, 10:45 AM)Bakaneko93 Wrote: The water feature was added for a touch of realism; left stagnant, the pond would attract a number of undesirable bug and such. However, there are plenty other types of fountains I could put in it's place. And the coaster was made with the Extended track, which is available in Wild!, with the Drifting Coaster car.

I thought it looked like an Extended track, but wasn't sure. I've never used the drifting car before, though; I'll have to try that sometime.

(Nov 29, 2008, 10:45 AM)Bakaneko93 Wrote: Thank you for that information, by the way. That'll make my job much easier. Smile

Any time. Smile
I am stalking you Murillo1221CP
Me? I use Dove soap to make MY napalm.
OK here is the cereal part of my sig.
I'm playing ROBLOX and I liek wafflez. :3
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2088]
Looks nice. I usually don't use the drifting coaster that much so it should be cool when its up for dl.