how do you feel about them listening to these files through your carefully tuned prod

how do you feel about them listening to these files through your carefully tuned products?Jimmy: “Access is one thing. You’ve got access to food but if it’s bad, it’s bad”. PL: “Right, but people have got to eat, haven’t they?” Jimmy: “If they want eat and throw up really quickly they can eat bad, rotten food. Access...access..is...I don’t...I’m not afraid with the access...”There ensues a flow of answers to a question we didn’t ask. The conversation bends round to talking about the deal between Beats By Dr Dre and HP to make a special range of Envy notebooks with a bigger proportion of your internal space given over to audio circuitry and larger speakers.“...

We’re not saying we have to do every computer. We’re doing 5 million of them with HP that sound better than any other computer in the world, and if I was somebody and I’m going to buy a PC, I would by an HP PC because it sounds better. They cost the same and the prices are competitive. If you’re going to use your computer through a home system, your stereo system, right now it sounds like a portable radio or portable television”.Seconds remaining to the clock and Iovine manages to sidetrack himself back on topic and finally come up with an astute answer that a clearly clever man has been managing to hide from himself for a good minute or two.“With Beats By Dr Dre, it means that at least two parts from the digital music chain are now right - they have Beats headphones and an MP3 player which is probably good. The files are going to get better. What we’re doing now from?Interscope’s side is we’re shipping better files to Apple for iTunes. We’re upgrading the files and they’re working on theirs to make them better.

So, you’ve got a file and a computer, MP3 player, a set of headphones or good pair of speakers that are true, or not so substantially true as sound the way the musician wants them to sound. That’s a good ecosystem. So you improve as many parts as possible and maybe soon the journey through the artist to your ears will be as the music was originally intended”.“So what’s next”, we ask, “Beats By Dr Dre encoded files?”Dre nods with interest but, again, it’s Jimmy who replies. “All you need is to get close to the original file and Apple’s getting close to handling that. We’ve got to build quality. The rest will come”.“avocado, it’s cold in here”, says Dre as he leaves the room to get a jumper. 8 minutes and 21. The interview is over http://www.casqueaudiofrance.com/ .