Hello, Everyone

I've been a long time RCT player starting with the first game. I've played RCT3 on and off since it first came out . I recently dusted off my old copies and re-installed them and started fooling around with it again. Fortunately, I had all my CS backed up on DVD's a long time ago. I'm not sure if everything is still available online so if anyone needs some CS they can't find anywhere, feel free to send me a PM and I'll check my inventory for it. I have hundreds of CS files stored away some of which is very old.
Welcome to RCTgo!
[Image: 1z6sarn.jpg]
My YouTube Channel!
Welcome to our site. You'll find you are soon hooked again on RollerCoaster Tycoon. It's great to see someone has taken seriously the backing up of their files. We never know when they'll come in handy do we?
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

Welcome to RCTgo!
All we need is somebody to lean on.
Have fun here
Welcome! Have fun!
[Image: sig_zps84f84773.jpg]
(Aug 30, 2013, 04:26 AM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: Welcome to our site. You'll find you are soon hooked again on RollerCoaster Tycoon. It's great to see someone has taken seriously the backing up of their files. We never know when they'll come in handy do we?

i was a network administrator for quite a few years. Now I just use external TB drives but one of them just crashed on me. Fortunately none of the data was important or irreplaceable. Guess I'll have to go back to DVD's again. But with over 3 TB's of hd space on my PC, that's a lot of disks. Wink. Not all of that is important data though. I have a home recording studio so a lot of that is old song parts that weren't up to par.
Yesterday, I decided to see how much space I'd need to back up my User folder. 435 gb!! Try backing THAT up to DVD's!!

While searching for my RT3 CS, I actually discovered backups of old 3.5" disk games and emails I had back in the 80's and 90's. Talk about being a PC packrat!!! Looking at my game archives and two bookcases full of old games and manuals I figure I can open my own Abandonware site Smile.

Also found a bunch of those old .wav files we old IRC users used to use all the time. You older guys will get a kick out of this. I found a backup of Netscape 1.1 Smile and Dos 6.0. Those were the days. You had to know how to script an autoexec.bat file and config.sys just to get a game running properly on Win 3.11 or Win 95.

Well, I digress. Guess I'll get back to installing CS. That's a seriously time consuming process. Next time I'll just archive the game and document folders instead of just the archives of the content. Lucky for me I'm retired and have no responsibilities to speak of.
Use a cloud storage system for your backup.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
i took your advice on the Cloud storage. Thanks. I signed up for a trial run.
Wow! Assuming they’re double-sided DVD’s that’s almost 60 DVD’s.

Yeh, lucky for you you’ve got the time to get your CS back to where it belongs. Like you say it’s a time consuming process that needs to be done carefully with loads of back-ups in between stages in case something goes wrong – but being an administrator previously you don’t need to be told that huh.

The oldest Netscape I’ve ever heard of is v.4 but Netscape 1!? My goodness that must have run in DOS.

Game and document folders back-up is a great idea. It’s also a good idea to do an RCT3 registry backup if you play the campaigns or unlock scenarios. Backing up the registry would also be handy if you installed your game, that install required an activation code and you’ve lost the code. This trick helped me years ago when I was dabbling in Chris Sawyer’s Locomotion, had to reformat my drive and had lost the activation code to Locomotion. I simply merged the old Locomotion registry entries and was good to go.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.