Concept Pitch

VELOCITY: Record Breaking Launched Coaster

Out of curiosity, who would want to see a low-profile, high speed, heavy banked launched coaster? I decided I was going to start a new project and pupt my current woodie on hold today. I was watching a nascar race earlier (which I don't do often. Don't judge. Actually I don't care if you do.), and I was inspired to design a high speed coaster. With a little planning I remebered an old movie: Speed Racer.
And thus, I have decided to design and construct a futuristic racing themed ride entitled Velocity. (Working Title)

So tonight, I am asking who would want to see the world's longest and fastest coaster. This ride would be reach speeds of access 160 mph, 10 mph faster than the top speed Formula Rossa. Like the famed formula 1 themed ride, this would be a low-profile coaster featuring tons of low-lying high speed turns. Not to mention the fact that it would be over 9,000 feet long, and feature a high-speed 200 foot camelback right in the center. Considering making it indoors, maybe not, still up for debate. Obviously the camelback would have to be outside of the building or lowered. And yes, I would make it both realistic and SAFE! Something that presents a challenge in and of itself, but I'll manage. Smile

Also, any CS sets you could recommend to me relative to racing would be much appreciated! I don't have many. This includes flags, lights, CTRs, or anything else.

Well, what do you think? Let me know if you have any suggestions. I'm open minded at the moment! I would like to hear a few names also. Kinda pulling a blank there. Updates will be inconsistent, as the construction of such a coaster would have to fit within my schedule. When it is done, I will be sure to let everyone know!

Stay tuned, and pitch me your ideas!
Don't stall, don't stall, don't stall...
It stalled....

~TFK

Me me me me me ….. I want to see it. I would download that track and ride it POV and I wouldn’t care if it’s not realistic.

Lately I’ve noticed what can only be described as helix loops in some of the rides on view in screenshots. In conjunction with what you’ve already planned in your ride I’d recommend adding some of those, a few banks of regular helixes, a portion of the track underground or under the sea, a brake section enabling the train to come nearly to a standstill while pointing vertically towards the ground, perhaps another such section with the train pointing directly into the sky, a gently sloping wave section to end the ride and a single huge long train with the maximum number of cars you can get on it.

In the next few days I’ll check my files to see if there’s something I could recommend and will keep an eye peeled for some new CS that might help.

Good luck!
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

Thanks FTA. In the mean time, I've been coming up with a way to make the ride both fast and safe. One of my original designs ended up pulling an excess of 7.5 vertical Gs. A little to much for humans xD. This ride is going to take a lot of time to get it to work correctly and safely. When I do get it right, It will be put up here right away. Smile
It stalled....

~TFK

UPDATE: Velocity has been built! not supported or really had much work done, but built!

Stats: Excitement: 54.45
Intensity: 6.78
Nausea: 2.35

Speed: 159.87 MPH
Height: 217.89 Ft
Length: 10,098 FT

The Records have been broken! Not only that, but with a max pos. Gs of 4.78 and min -1.90, the ride is very safe for all! Not to mention, very exciting. The launch tube has been completed, as well as all the mechanical peices required for the launch. The building to house the station, pre-launch, and launch hasn't been started yet, and neither has the support work. Both are coming soon, so watch out!

I'm really excited for this one. Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It stalled....

~TFK

looks nice! thats also a really long launch you got there
[Image: 8lbd5Z7.png]
DorneyPark5 | Youtube | Twitter @PaulOrtegs
Check Out My Newest Creation: Solstice
Current No Limits Project: Velocity
(Sep 11, 2013, 12:09 AM)DorneyPark5 Wrote: looks nice! thats also a really long launch you got there

Thanks, and the launch tunnel is more than just a launch tunnel. Inside of that tunnel is the only way I could make the ride safe, while still achieving the high rate od speed, and then blast out into a turn. You'll see what I mean when the ride is complete. It has its purpose. Smile
It stalled....

~TFK

Very rarely do any CTR's give accurate Excitement ratings like the standard RCT3 coasters do. It is very easy to get Uber-High ratings with them on a coaster that would kill a person with high G's.

If you want to see how accurate the ratings are build two short lame identical coasters using a CTR and a similar in game coaster and you can compare the stats. The Efteling Coaster CTR easily gives out Uber High ratings. Millenium Flyer CTR is the same way. I have a Millenium Flyer death coaster on youtube.

These are some of the crazy stats on it:

Excitement Rating: 96.04 (Uber-Extreme)
Intensity Rating: 9.08 (Very High)
Nausea Rating: 5.60 (High)

Space Required: 127 x 23
Approximate Cost: $724,088.00

Max. Speed: 197.91 mph
Average Speed: 47.81 mph
Ride Time: 4:25
Ride Length: 26,444 ft.
Max. Pos. Vert. G's: 44.79
Max. Neg. Vert. G's: -8.21
Max. Lat. G's: 12.40

I like to include the stats when I build something to post online so I just stick with the coasters that come with the game unless it was created to give accurate stats. I just use the standard Extended coaster that comes with Wild for most things since it has the most track pieces.
My Insanely Supported Coaster Vids
Mamba * Menace V2 * Menace V3.1 * Bruiser Falls * Wetness * The Poison
Thinner
Newest:subLIMe
(Sep 11, 2013, 05:48 PM)Frankedj Wrote: Very rarely do any CTR's give accurate Excitement ratings like the standard RCT3 coasters do. It is very easy to get Uber-High ratings with them on a coaster that would kill a person with high G's.

If you want to see how accurate the ratings are build two short lame identical coasters using a CTR and a similar in game coaster and you can compare the stats. The Efteling Coaster CTR easily gives out Uber High ratings. Millenium Flyer CTR is the same way. I have a Millenium Flyer death coaster on youtube.

These are some of the crazy stats on it:

Excitement Rating: 96.04 (Uber-Extreme)
Intensity Rating: 9.08 (Very High)
Nausea Rating: 5.60 (High)

Space Required: 127 x 23
Approximate Cost: $724,088.00

Max. Speed: 197.91 mph
Average Speed: 47.81 mph
Ride Time: 4:25
Ride Length: 26,444 ft.
Max. Pos. Vert. G's: 44.79
Max. Neg. Vert. G's: -8.21
Max. Lat. G's: 12.40

I like to include the stats when I build something to post online so I just stick with the coasters that come with the game unless it was created to give accurate stats. I just use the standard Extended coaster that comes with Wild for most things since it has the most track pieces.

Oh trust me, I'm quite familiar with the "biased" stat system. I also know that the blitz CTR I'm using does in fact do just that. That is the reason I put emphasis on the speed and length, as these are accurate measurements. Unfortunately, I have neither the tools nor experience with CTRs to get rid of this flawed stat system, so I just make do with what I have. I try my best to find and use CTRs that give accurate ratings, but sometimes that is easier said than done. :/
It stalled....

~TFK

Sometimes you find a CTR with really nice cars and just have to use it regardless of the inaccurate stats. It's strange that the Excitement rating will be so far out of whack but the other two will look normal.

Looking forward to seeing what you did with the tunnel. I like tunnels.
My Insanely Supported Coaster Vids
Mamba * Menace V2 * Menace V3.1 * Bruiser Falls * Wetness * The Poison
Thinner
Newest:subLIMe
UPDATE: The tunnel coverings are done, and the main camelback and first highspeed turn are supported. Smile This is progress!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It stalled....

~TFK