RCT3 Can't Load Downloaded Tracks

Hi All

This is my first post on RCTgo i have just downloaded a whole bunch of your awesome tracks, I put the track files in to the coaster folder, but only about 8 out of the say 25 show up, also only three of the 8 work, the others say file not supported even though it is a track file.

I hope someone can help with this Smile

Thanks

Martin
Many people use CTR's to build their coasters. Custom Track Rides. If you do not have the CTR installed the downloaded coaster was made with it will not work.

Some people use specific game add-on coasters that only come with the Wild expansion pack for RCT3.

On the track download pages it says "Type" below the description. That is the coaster you have to have installed for the download to work.

What are some of the ones that won't work? Which RCT3 are you using?
My Insanely Supported Coaster Vids
Mamba * Menace V2 * Menace V3.1 * Bruiser Falls * Wetness * The Poison
Thinner
Newest:subLIMe
Hi Frankedj

I'm Playing With the wild and soaked expansions and in sandbox mode, don't know how to play in the custom mode as there is no game to select,

Please see below a list of a few of the tracks that do not show up

Wildfire
Goliath
Wipowopi
Marios Forestbreak
71 Inversions
Acrophobia
Nemesis
Sephora
The Twist
Menace v2Falcon
Batwing
Posseidon

Thanks

Martin
For Custom mode, you have to create a map.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975
Wildfire - turns up two trks. One for the Wild Extended coaster and one for the No Limits game.
Goliath - uses a B&M Twister CTR
Wiowopi - couldn't find.
Marios Forestbreak - couldn't find.
71 Inversions - uses standard Heartline Coaster
Acrophobia - uses standrd HyperTwist Coaster
Nemesis - Found three differnt Nemesis. Two say Inverted Coaster and the other just says Roller Coaster
Sephora - Inverted Roller Coaster
The Twist - Found two. Floorless and Floorless Coaster.
Menace v2 - This one is mine. It uses the standard Extended Coaster that comes with Wild.
Falcon - There are a bunch of this one. I saw one from Laser that uses the Nightflight CTR
Batwing - uses the Nightflight CTR
Posseidon - uses ctr b&m stand-up CTR

Some CTR's will be hard to find when they do not give you a direct link to it or the specific name of who made it.

When you install the trk files make sure it is only the trk file and that it is not within any other folder. If you see any folders in your My Documents/RCT3/Coaster folder drag the files out of them into the Coaster folder then delete the empty folder.

All files in the Coaster folder should end with .trk. If you see any other file extension it is not a coaster track file.

The file for Goliath that was uploaded here is not the trk file for it. It is the back up of the Dat file for a scenario and has the file extension .dat.bak

The Dat file for that scenario is here.

I will try some of those downlaods and let you know what I can figure out. I have Soaked and Wild plus a bunch of CTR's.

CTR/Custom Track Ride is different than a Custom Scenario.

CTR is when someone builds each track piece that is different than the ones that come with the game and can be used by you to build whatever you want with it. It is also when someone designs their own coaster cars and either uses them with copies of the ingame track pieces or they build their own track pieces. They invent their own style of coaster like the creators of the game did with the standard coasters.

A Custom Scenario is similar to the Career Mode Scenarios in playing the game. The Custom Scenario Editor lets you create your own parks, challenges and all of the options you want to play against to give yourself unique challenges where you decide what they all are.

Custom Scenarios are .dat files in the My Documents/RCT3/Scenarios folder

CTR's have two folders that go in two different places.
One folder for the track pieces.
For my own game installation they go in D:\Program files\Roller Coaster Tycoon Platinum\tracks\coasters. I use multiple hard drives. For most people it will be C:\Program files\Roller Coaster Tycoon Platinum\tracks\coasters

One for the cars.
D:\Program files\Roller Coaster Tycoon Platinum\cars\Coaster cars

If you use a CTR for a downloaded coaster that someone else built, that trk file goes in My Documents\RCT3\Coasters in addition to installing the CTR in those other two folders.
My Insanely Supported Coaster Vids
Mamba * Menace V2 * Menace V3.1 * Bruiser Falls * Wetness * The Poison
Thinner
Newest:subLIMe
nothin shows up for me i hav nitro bazaro mega coaster and storm runner none of them show up
(Sep 26, 2013, 09:20 AM)scousermartin Wrote: .....i have just downloaded a whole bunch of your awesome tracks, I put the track files in to the coaster folder, but only about 8 out of the say 25 show up, also only three of the 8 work, the others say file not supported even though it is a track file.

Frankedj certainly seems to be looking into this throughly.

Scousermartin and xspch12,

1. Just to be sure, if someone built a coaster and you want to place the already built coaster in your park it will come as a file with a .trk extension and will go into My Documents\RCT3\Coasters folder. Further, that track type needs to be installed with the game in order for that track file to open.

2. If you are downloading a track type from which you will make your own tracked ride those files will usually go into Cars\Tracked Ride Cars and/or Tracks\Tracked Rides.

E.g., DasMatze’s FreeFly is a CTR type. You’d install that like “2” above. If somebody built a track from DasMatze’s FreeFly CTR that they installed and uploaded a copy of the tracked ride they built with it that would be a .trk file and that would install on your system like “1” above.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.