Linden Hill (Park Map Update)

Ok, so this is my first park being made on RCT3 properly after getting use to what's what etc.

So, this is the park I am currently working on, i will say its unfinished, because, well, as you may notice, as of yet, there are no coasters or rides. But, that will change. Im thinking of putting it up for download as a scenario with nothing in it, just how it is, as you see it in the screenshots below. If you think i should, just say in here.

So, its hilly, its tree-y, its watery and well, its going to be coaster-y too.

Park Entrance, Not much to see here, not finished, want to add and change some bits I think.
[Image: lindenhillentrancech9.jpg]

A Main Overview I guess
[Image: lindenhilloverviewih9.jpg]

Some other shots:
[Image: lindenhill2bj7.jpg]
[Image: lindenhillwaterzv5.jpg]
[Image: lindenhilloh5.jpg]
[Image: siggi8.png]
jesus teach me how to do that its gorgous!
(Feb 25, 2009, 04:31 PM)deathfearsnone Wrote: jesus teach me how to do that its gorgous!

Thanks Biggrin Well, its a case of playing with the terrain tool. first make it a little hilly all over the place, not too much though. Then get the mountail tool and well, create some mountains. It ends up not looking smooth, but then thats where the smooth terrain tool bit comes in, and you just go over it all till its smooth how you want. Then you got your hills.

The hard parts the trees and terrain colouring. But my idea would be to go between the green grasses and spread them out and around. Then, get some muddy-er colours and use them on the mountains. Fill with some lushous green trees, just spread them around i guess.

And also, i have high graphics, which helps too.
Dunno if that helps much atol... needs to have more depth and pics but maybe il do that later some time Smile
WOW!!!! :exclamation: Looks super good! Smile
Also looks like the mountains here in Tennessee. Wink
It dose look realistic. Very good indeed.
Perfect terrain and scenery. Good luck decorating it!
[Image: coaster9hd.png]
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Send me a message
Gawd, I can't wait to get a REALLY nice computer this year. The one I have just suck's at making RCT3 look good. All these picture's make me drool...
(Feb 25, 2009, 04:31 PM)deathfearsnone Wrote: jesus teach me how to do that its gorgous!

I believe there was a terrain guide on Atari's Community that cover's that, I'll see if I can ever find it for you. Nice park so far! Are you planning on using any custom scenery? Because so far you have mastered terrain in my eyes. Now the trick is to build a park around, and on-top of that. Best of luck!
(Feb 28, 2009, 01:00 PM)Auza Wrote:
(Feb 25, 2009, 04:31 PM)death fearson Wrote: jesus teach me how to do that its gorgeous!

I believe there was a terrain guide on Atari's Community that covers that, I'll see if I can ever find it for you. Nice park so far! Are you planning on using any custom scenery? Because so far you have mastered terrain in my eyes. Now the trick is to build a park around, and on-top of that. Best of luck!

Or you can take the RCT3 tutorial.
(Feb 28, 2009, 01:00 PM)Auzea Wrote:

I believe there was a terrain guide on Atari's Community that cover's that, I'll see if I can ever find it for you. Nice park so far! Are you planning on using any custom scenery? Because so far you have mastered terrain in my eyes. Now the trick is to build a park around, and on-top of that. Best of luck!

Thanks all guys. I do plan on using custom scenery, just theres a fair bit to download because i dont have much at the moment, 'cos its newly bought so to speak.

But there is a tutorial on the atari forums which i have just found, would have been useful if i had of found it prior. but by not finding it, it meant i learnt it the long hard way, but i guess it helped in that way. and this tutorial is pretty fine Smile

Landscape Tutorial