RCT3 A little help pls, followed instructions but still don't see it (pictures included)

I had downloaded the tracks for RCT3 from this site and and placed them in the Documents/RCT3/Coasters folder but when I go back in game, it's still not displayed. Clear instructions might have been posted somewhere but I did a lot of google searching but none of the results yield the answers I desired. Thanks for any help in advance and sorry for repetitive posting if the solution has already been posted.

[Image: 1-1.png]

[Image: 2.png]

[Image: 3.png]
From what I can see you’ve done it properly. There are two things that come to mind:

Have you tried loading the coaster in a new sandbox with everything enabled and no restrictions. Possibly the park you’re trying to load the coaster in is blocking it for some reason. For example, a stall type might be blocked because in a particular park it’s not been researched/invented yet.

I’m wondering, did you already have any extended coasters in your Program Files\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon 3\Coaster Designs\ folder. We can see from your screenshots there are two in your documents folder and there are two displaying in the extended coaster in-game menu. What are the names of the extended coasters you’ve downloaded and does that name of those coasters display in the extended coaster menu? How many extended coasters in total do you have on your system?
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

The two track file downloads he is trying to use are Aveena and Requiem. I downloaded that screen shot of his documents folder and enlarged it to see it.

Neither one seems to be built with the Wild! Extended coaster. I just downloaded both and installed them. CTR's were probably used to build them and if you do not have those specific CTR's installed those two coasters will not show up.

You will have to message richardye1 (Aveena) and tej121599 (Requiem) to find out which CTR's were used.
My Insanely Supported Coaster Vids
Mamba * Menace V2 * Menace V3.1 * Bruiser Falls * Wetness * The Poison
Thinner
Newest:subLIMe
I downloaded the track files and installed them. On my game on my system the rides showed as a standard Wild! extended coaster track. I have RCT3 Vanilla with both expansions, installed from disk and did this on Vista believing that I might already have installed the CTR needed and that after this experiment I could tell you which one it was.

[Image: 7ycm.jpg]
Both tracks also showed when I selected to build from ride type.

[Image: pdqb.jpg]

I tried both tracks and when selecting each file the red ghost image of the track displayed. After placing the John Wardley cheat the blue ghost image of each ride displayed.

[Image: 9xmb.jpg]
[Image: zo2m.jpg]
For both rides, after clicking to place the ride the game crashed and displayed a message:

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 has stopped working. Windows can check on-line to a solution to the problem.

This can happen sometimes if, for example, the person who built the track built it in, say, RCT3 Platinum (downloaded version), and someone is trying to place that track in, say, RCT3 Vanilla/Soaked!/Wild! installed from disk.

See this thread

http://forums.rctgo.com/thread-11197-pos...l#pid92649

In that thread post #20 explains the same problem with another track with a slightly different error message, and post #21 is another member’s point of view confirming that this problem can sometimes occur. This might also explain why someone can create a custom track made up of in-game parts and that track won't show in someone else's menu or won't place in another park on another RCT3 installation.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

Learn something new everyday. I am running Platinum.
My Insanely Supported Coaster Vids
Mamba * Menace V2 * Menace V3.1 * Bruiser Falls * Wetness * The Poison
Thinner
Newest:subLIMe